Skip to main content

Major progress on 1752A Body, Engine and Transmission

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
05 Jan 2017 09:19 #32222 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Major progress on 1752A Body, Engine and Transmission
Hi Bill and George.
The work you are doing on your sedan is basically the same as what I have had to 810 1586A The Actonite Cord.
I am wondering how far you are going with the rocker panel repairs ? Simply because with my car I thought they would have to be completely replaced but that was not the case. 75% of the structural rocker panels were ok so the bottom 25% was rebuilt.
The channel stubs up front have to be in the correct positions otherwise the front subframe may not line up correctly.
I noticed on the picture of your subframe stiffening gussets are missing compared to mine. Before you have it painted I suggest that the various gussets be added.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• George van Nostrand
  • Registered
More
04 Jan 2017 16:50 #32221 by George van Nostrand
Replied by George van Nostrand on topic Major progress on 1752A Body, Engine and Transmission
Congratulations Bill, You have joined The Josh Malks SOS ( Save Our Sedans ) Club.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A

• william057
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
04 Jan 2017 03:18 #32219 by william057
Much has happened on my 36 Westchester. The body has been media blasted, a new firewall has been installed, the sub frame is being powder coated, the transmission has been completely rebuilt by Lee Foldenauer and the engine block is getting treated with Egge pistons, a new camshaft and new set of heads. I am also in the process of finishing a complete set of wood for the trunk, interior and top bows for the roof. It is amazing how many pieces of wood are actually in the body of these cars. A new front floor board will be mated to the body, along with new rockers. I am looking forward to getting the body completed and rebuilding the suspension. Once completed, the subframe will be reunited with the body, the completed engine and transmission will be reunited with the subframe. I am still deciding on the details of the interior, but will be one of the original color combinations.
More to come in the near future.
Bill

Bill Heisler - 1936 Cord