• Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
21 Sep 2016 21:21 #31758 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Main Vacuum Cylinder Disassembly
A few more pics.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
21 Sep 2016 21:20 #31757 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Main Vacuum Cylinder Disassembly
These are not nearly all the pics of how this complex piece of machinery comes apart or goes back together. Notice the 2 center punch marks on the nut I placed on the main shaft. Those were placed in the nut to shaft threads to keep the nut from loosening in service. Kind of difficult to remove the nut too. Heat and areokroil helped plenty.

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
21 Sep 2016 18:15 #31756 by 1748 S
Main Vacuum Cylinder Disassembly was created by 1748 S
I thought I had rebuilt my main shift vacuum cylinder about 35 years ago. I remember some disassembly but not all of it.. Well turns out I did not rebuild or replace anything. Taking it apart I found plenty of early 1930's technology which was great for the time but not so now days.
First off I found the original leather cups. they are in fantastic condition too. If I was to replace them where can I purchase them other than Stan? They have them in the but I like to try other sellers and support my town or whatever is the best idea. Stan offers 3 seals but I only find 2 shaft seals in the aluminum housing. There is a large diameter can to aluminum housing gasket and a gasket under the wire harness connector too. I believe I have an original bellows for the shaft too. Its in great shape and still tied to the shaft in the groove made for it.
So if a member has a part number for the neoprene cups and the shaft seals I sure will be thankful for it..
Lots of pics to follow later..