Restored Solenoid Block

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
15 Sep 2016 22:32 #31721 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Restored Solenoid Block
Thanks for the nice comments everyone. My feelings are this. If its worth doing.. Then do it right the first time. This will not be a Pebble Beach class car but it it needed to be it will be closer to that than a daily driver. I will drive this car when I'm done. It may not be driven to Auburn but it will be there some day. Sadly I was not ready to attend the first west coast meet on the Hoover Dam or have been ready to take a few laps at Indy. But I do own a Cord.. Not much more has to be said....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom_Parkinson
  • Registered
More
13 Sep 2016 00:59 #31694 by Tom_Parkinson
Replied by Tom_Parkinson on topic Re: Restored Solenoid Block
Hi,

Damn, Gary. That's sweet!

--Tom

With brakes, two cylinders are better than one.

Editor-in-Chief Emeritus, The Hardtop News Magazine, the Journal of the Michiana Dunes Region, Lambda Car Club International

See pix of 1509A here: mbcurl.me/YCSE

• Visitor
12 Sep 2016 06:04 #31691 by
Replied by on topic Re: Restored Solenoid Block
Great looking part.
Looking forward to seeing your gearbox rebuild.
Frank

• 1748 S
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
10 Sep 2016 18:46 #31681 by 1748 S
Restored Solenoid Block was created by 1748 S
Here is a couple of after pics of my restored vacuum block. am missing the straight brass fitting on the rear but I know I have it somewhere. I do not need it now cause the trans is still on bench in pieces. Just purchased the 3 synchros from George. I have all the seals and bearings. Will have to purchase a small lathe to machine the synchros and a few other items. then hard chrome the shaft before bushing work.. Nothing is really well worn either. The bottom cluster gear is new but some gears are not really what I call users. If I had no choice I would gladly run them without cares but I have the time to do it right.
In one of my trans posts I mentioned there were some "missing parts" in this trans along with some new parts. My father nor his business partner rebuilt or had any work done on this trans. Not idea when the new parts were installed but probably around 1949. Missing parts were the springs and balls for the second third synchro ring... Now how was that supposed to work...
Attachments: