Skip to main content

Brazil

• Al Hatch
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
04 Jul 2004 12:57 #1909 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic Brazil
Welcome abroad! As Josh said, 'it is great to read about ACD cars that were exported to other countries. As you a probably aware of, many great American classics were shipped to South America. You might try to encourage your local paper to write an article on the Cord you are restoring and hopefully it might turn up some other owners of ACD cars in Brazil. If I can be of help to you don't hesitate to contact me.

CORDially,

Al Hatch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2004 22:21 #1904 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic ACDs in Brazil
Welcome! And we love to get information about our cars in other countries. Please consider an article for our Newsletter, too.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• hsalmon
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2004 21:03 #1902 by hsalmon
Replied by hsalmon on topic Brazil
I sent my registration (My wife and me) on June the 18th. I am told the material should arrive mail any day! I have found two Auburn in Brazil so far (both 6 cylinders sedans 1928/29) but no Cord. Since there were two Cord distributors at a time, I would also imagine that there should be more cars. Local antique car dealers/collectors say a couple of "good ones" went back to the US, and to Canada. They heard of two more Cords leaving to Northern Europe in the 70ies. But I will find out if there is more here!

• Al Hatch
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2004 20:47 #1901 by Al Hatch
Replied by Al Hatch on topic Brazil
Dear H. Salamon,

Now that you have found the Club website may I suggest that you join our Club (that is if you have not already join). As you can see, we have a great website and publish an award winning newsletter that is issued 10 times a year. We do have members in Argentina but show no members (currently) in Brazil. You can be the first! I am sure that there are other Auburn Cord and Duesenberg owners in Brazil. We would like to welcome you to our ranks. You can get download the membership application from this website. Hope to see you name listed as one of the new members in the newsletter soon.

CORDially,

Al Hatch, Past National President
Current Board of Director

• Josh Malks
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2004 15:14 #1900 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Cord in Brazil
The most comprehensive listing of Cords (and their historical wanderings) is maintained by the Cord Historian of the ACD Club, Ron Irwin. His contact information is on the inside front cover of our monthly magazine, the ACD Newsletter.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• hsalmon
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
03 Jul 2004 14:41 #1899 by hsalmon
Brazil was created by hsalmon
I live in Sao Paulo, Brazil, and am the happy owner of a 812 s/c phaeton - still to be restaured. I am trying to gather information on Cord cars in Brazil. Jon Bill found in the archives that in 1936 there were two Cord dealers in Brazil, one in Rio the other one in Sao Paulo. But I am having a very hard time trying to locate any Cord owner. So please if anyone has any information about a Cord automobile in Brazil, I would love to get this information - It would be great to know I can share the pleasure to own such a treasure with someone in Brazil!