Skip to main content

Need copy of 1973 newsletter upholstery articles

• Jack Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
07 Mar 2004 17:17 #1381 by Jack Richard
Replied by Jack Richard on topic 1973 Newsletter upholstery articles
Thanks Stan for sending copies of the Beverly upholstery articles, I think they will help me a lot, especially answered questions I had concerning the windlace construction and kick-panel pocket.
Jack

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jack Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Feb 2004 15:01 #1347 by Jack Richard
Replied by Jack Richard on topic Newsletter copy
Hello Stan,
Thanks for your kind response, copies of the 1973 would be greatly appreciated. I am restoring my Westchester using the optional leather interior with wool headliner. I visited Jim Lawrence several years ago and took a lot of photos of his original-style leather interior in his Westchester, and have photos of other original leather interiors but the more info. I can gather, the more authentic I can make it. I would assume that the passenger-side kick panel was constructed like the open cars, with a map pocket in it, and covered with leather to match the seats? Were the bindings covered with leatherette or leather? Were the door windlaces and hidem covered in leather or leatherette? Thanks again for your help.
Jack Richard

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
24 Feb 2004 14:32 #1345 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic RE: N/L Headliner Articles
Jack-

I have all of the articles on the Custom Beverly upholstery from the 1973 Newsletter. I could copy or scan them for you. Some will help but most of the upholstery is different due to pleats, vehicle length, etc. The Westchester upholstery is fairly plain and easy to do. There are approx. 3 variations of early, late, and optional trim. I suggest visiting several original or restored examples with your camera. An old headliner like Jim O'Brians is good to look at. We always make new listing wires and bend them to fit each position in the body. The factory used wool for headliners so they could steam the wrinkles out of them after they were installed. Steam shrinks wool and makes it tight.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Jack Richard
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 Feb 2004 15:44 #1343 by Jack Richard
Hello all,

I am upholstering a 1936 Cord Westchester, and understand there was a series of articles on upholstery of a Beverly published in the 1973 Newsletters, issues 3 to 8. If some member could send me scans of these (or snail mail photocopies) I would be VERY grateful! As an alternative, I would be willing tp purchase surplus issues of these numbers if available, please let me know price.

CORDially,
Jack