Skip to main content

Need simple instructions for Cord fence removal

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
24 May 2007 01:27 #7075 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Thanks for the tip!
Thanks for the tips. The fence came out very easily. Then I removed th transmission cover. It's pretty easy when you're not afraid to ask for guidance.

The shop did use a hood prop, but everything is OK so far. They're going to put padding ontop of the radiator and let the hood down on that.

This gets me to my next question! See next entry.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tom Georgeson
  • Registered
More
23 May 2007 06:13 #7066 by Tom Georgeson
Replied by Tom Georgeson on topic removing the fence
When you do this it is a very good idea to place rags between the end of the fence and the cowl as it is easy to scrape the paint on the cowl when you remove the fence. When putting it back on place rags there again so it won't scrape the cowl going back on.

Tom Georgeson

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
23 May 2007 03:09 #7065 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Fence Removal
Thanks for the info Jim. I suppose I could also completely remove the hood first? Wouldn't that be easier?

• Visitor
23 May 2007 01:28 #7063 by
1. Open hood and figure out a way to support it without the hood prop. I like to run a strap from the hood release mechanism up to the ceiling.

2. Remove the two screws holding the hood prop to the hood. Fold the hood prop down and tie it to the louvers so it doesn't move.

3. Remove the three bolts on either side of the fence (six total), at the bottom, just behind the radiator.

4. Pull the two pins, one on either side of the cowl at the rear of the fence.

5. With a person on either side of the fence, slide the fence forward a few inches then lift up the front of the fence and slide the fence forward and up to clear the front fenders.

The biggest caution is to make sure the hood is supported such that it can't come down. A 2X4 between the radiator and the hood isn't a good idea!

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
22 May 2007 23:10 #7059 by Bill Hummel
Anyone have simple instructions for removing the fence from a Cord 810? Am looking for an easy 6-step (or less) proceedure. Something I can hand to a shop unfamiliar with Cord automobiles.

Can anyone help me out? Thanks for your help.