Skip to main content

Cam Bearings

• Ric Simpson
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2007 00:55 #6730 by Ric Simpson
Replied by Ric Simpson on topic Cam Bearings
Hi! I'm not sure about the answers you have received? Mine were a single shell, pre-babbited, that you press into the block. I believe there are 5 and they are each different in diameter. I remember the panic I had when my engine machinist told me the centre main was too lose in the block. I had bought my set 20 years earlier from a member, and had no idea where to buy a replacement. My machinist said it wasn't a problem! He had already bought a replacement from the local parts supplier and installed it! I wish I had asked him where and what it came from. It was 20 years ago, so I can no longer ask him. I believe after inserting the bearings, they were line bored to the correct finish sizes. Whatever, they have served me well and I trust they will be just as fine now the cars body has been re-restored. Ric.

Ric Simpson,
2001 Niagara Parkway,
Fort Erie, Ontario,
Canada. L2A 5M4

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Visitor
02 Apr 2007 00:47 #6729 by
Replied by on topic Cam Bearings
Dan,

You can buy replacement bearings that are semi-finished that you can drive in place. You then have to line bore them to the finished size.

Jim

• mopar4ya
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
02 Apr 2007 00:07 #6728 by mopar4ya
Replied by mopar4ya on topic Cam Bearings
So they have to be poured in the block,or you buy a replacement and drive in the block?

Thanks
Dan

• E L
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2007 23:12 #6727 by E L
Replied by E L on topic Cam Bearings
cam bearings are a split shell that is pressed in and are lined with babbit

• mopar4ya
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2007 18:09 #6724 by mopar4ya
Cam Bearings was created by mopar4ya
I would like to know if the cam bearings are a drive in type replacement or were these a Babbitt type bearing that has to be poured in the block. If they are a drive in type, who sells new ones.

Thanks
Dan