Skip to main content

Doing my 37 Cord 1/24 scale model perfect

• Modelfritz
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Mar 2007 01:16 #6624 by Modelfritz
Doing my 37 Cord 1/24 scale model perfect was created by Modelfritz
Hello Cord lovers! I do not belong to that wonderful group of people who own a Cord or a replica. I am a lover of these cars, though. Who wouldn't be! They are fabulous. I consider myself to be very fortunate to own a modle kit of a Cord 812. I think it is very rare. It is extremely well made. I do, though want to do the seats, dashboard, and doors better than the normal expectations in the instructions. To do that I am collecting pictures, but the dash is elusive. I have a picture from Adlers 100 best autos of the century, but I'd rather have a very high quality photo of the dash all lit up, pretty close up. This way I can manipulate the parts in my kit to look much more real. I'm going to do my seats in real leather, using the pictures to get it right. I'm even putting in real glass, not plastic. I must use an exacto knife to "open the doors, followed by hinge construction. What did they have for floor fabric? My model has a rear seat and convertible top. Microscope work on the dash!! It'll be one of the best models out there when done. It'll be MY LITTLE Cord! any help would be gratefully accepted. Manfred Range p.s. How about a closeup of the hide-away headlight?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.