Skip to main content

1937 Cord Cigarette Cream Color

• Pat Leahy
  • Registered
More
15 Mar 2007 12:18 #6577 by Pat Leahy
Replied by Pat Leahy on topic Cigarette Creme
I purchased form the ACD museum archives (John Bill) a set of color charts, and modern mix formulas produced from their original salesman color charts and interior swatches (they have multiple sets). There may be some question as to how accurate they may be over the years, so John has compared them with high point restored cars, and they are close. One other color that is often quite varied is Rich Maroon. He has the original scanned color in collection as well as a popular lighter Rich Maroon. Old charts for colors are useless with today's paints, so this may your best direction. I have all of them plus interiors.

Pat Leahy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2007 03:43 #6576 by hportz
Replied by hportz on topic cigarette cream
Brad Waken's Cabriolet is close enough.

• Chris Summers
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
15 Mar 2007 02:24 #6574 by Chris Summers
Replied by Chris Summers on topic 1937 Cord Cigarette Cream Color
I've always been confused by this. My theory would be that since it's called "Cigarette Cream," wouldn't it logically be the off-white of a cigarette wrapper?

Marvin Tamaroff in Michigan has a Cord phaeton he specifically did in a brighter version of Cigarette Cream, almost a neon mustard yellow. Not bad-looking, though.

Chris Summers
ACD Club
CCCA
H.H. Franklin Club

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.

• Visitor
14 Mar 2007 21:46 #6573 by
Replied by on topic 1937 Cord Cigarette Cream Color
Hi Larry,
As you've noted, the shades of cigarette cream vary anywhere from a very light shade that's almost an ivory to a bright yellow. The judging teams don't get too picky about the correct shade and unless it's an outlandish color, there isn't a point deduction.

I'll let someone else try to answer what is the correct shade of cigarette cream.

Jim

• larrycthomas
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
14 Mar 2007 14:06 #6570 by larrycthomas
1937 Cord Cigarette Cream Color was created by larrycthomas
With all the different shades of Cigarette Cream, what is the correct shade. What shade does the judging team deem acceptable? Are there any current paint colors that match the original color? Thanks, Larry Phone is 765-832-6282 or reply to forum.