Skip to main content

Generator drive pulley

• Tom Moore
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
21 Jun 2006 20:28 #5003 by Tom Moore
Replied by Tom Moore on topic Generator drive pulley
Hi Stan,
Thanks for your reply. The answer to your question is: If I could get the pulley off, I was going to send it to you!

Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2006 14:30 #4995 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Generator drive pulley
You can remove the pulley by removing it's nut and using 2 screws in the hub's threaded holes. It will mark the seal retainer some but not too bad.
How are you going to straighten the pulley?????
Most wobble somewhat.

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Tom Moore
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Jun 2006 17:06 #4972 by Tom Moore
Generator drive pulley was created by Tom Moore
Here's my second dumb question and it's a duesy....(cordy?) I want to remove my generator drive pulley. It's apparently bent as it has a bad wobble. I DON'T want to cut a hole in my firewall. The service manual and bulletins describe a procedure for replacing the timing chain whereby one removes the rear engine mounting bolts, places a block of wood under the oil pan and jacks up the rear of the engine 3 inches. Maybe this is okay with a cast aluminum oil pan, but doesn't seem advisable with the 'tin' one like I have. Please tell me the pulley can be removed without pulling the engine.