Skip to main content

New Cord buyer

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
29 Mar 2006 01:48 #4606 by
Replied by on topic New Cord buyer
Hi Ray,

First and foremost I would recommend you see a good psychiatrist.

Second - join the ACD Club. This is where you will find information on the cars, parts, and quite a few crazy people who own, work on and drive these cars.

Third - Since you are in Western Mass. make reservation for the Spring Meet. It's in Saratoga Springs, NY. (you can find info about it in the meet section of this web site) There will be several Cords there, and poeple that are more then willing to share information and offer advice (I'm not going to claim it's all going to be good advice). The meet is over Memorial day weekend. Friday is a warm-up tour for the early birds, Saturday is a tour, Sunday is judging and Monday is the trip home.

Fourth - If after the Spring meet you are still sure you want to tackle this project you are hooked. At this point you can kiss your bank account and the next several years good-by.

These cars are challanging, frustrating and very rewarding and a lot of fun to drive!

Good Luck and have fun,

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• rrboldu
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
28 Mar 2006 21:38 #4605 by rrboldu
New Cord buyer was created by rrboldu
Greetings to all-
As of yesterday, I purchased "remains" of some Cords for restoration.
I'm told as one gets older they get smarter-I'm 60 and I'm wondering what on earth did I just get myself into?
Does anyone have any inputs for the Cord 810/812 - 101 restoration course?
I live in Hinsdale,MA and my home phone is 413-655-8689 and my e-mail is <a href="mailto:[email protected]][email protected][/url].
Your thoughts are appreciated.

Ray Bolduc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.