Skip to main content

1936 Cord colors

• Visitor
19 Jan 2006 23:50 #4268 by
Replied by on topic 1936 Cord colors
Hi Pete,

I'm glad to hear things are coming along on the Cord. Now is the time you really start getting excited when you can actually see it coming back together. All the hard work is starting to pay off. I can't wait to see it.

The Spring Meet is going to be in Upstate NY this year. Do you think you might make it over there? If not I hope to see you in Auburn.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• stroker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Jan 2006 23:03 #4267 by stroker
Replied by stroker on topic 1936 Cord colors
Hi, Jim! Thanks for the quick gitback! While I don't particularly like the color scheme you describe, for the sake of authenticity I better do as you say.

BTW, the body's back from my auto body man fully painted and it looks great! We put the rebuilt engine/tranny in the other night, and I now can say we're at least seeing the half way point!

Pete

P.S. Say Hello to your wife and the girls for me.

pete rhoads, restoring 810 phaeton 2241 H

• Visitor
18 Jan 2006 21:49 #4266 by
Replied by on topic 1936 Cord colors
Hi Pete,

With the body being Palm Beach Tan and the dash being red (deep maroon) the steering wheel, steering wheel hub, steering column, and center console should all be Palm Beach Tan.

Jim

• stroker
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Jan 2006 02:51 #4254 by stroker
1936 Cord colors was created by stroker
Gents- While I'm at it I'd like some direction regarding the correct colors for my '36 Phaeton. I've painted the body Palm Beach Tan and the instrument panel a dark red. Looks great. My question is, with the dash red:

-What color should the steering wheel RIM be and what color should
the steering wheel HUB be?

-What color should the steering COLUMN be?

-what color should the CENTER NOB CONSOLE be?

The original color chart from the factory seems vague and can be interpreted several ways.

My car was originally black with a dark red interior and a red painted dash and Center Nob Console which looked factory painted, or at least factory upgraded. The wheel rim is Tan and the column and hub are the same Red. This is why I'm confused.

I think the Dash, Center Console, Steering Wheel Hub and Column should be Red, with a Tan Wheel Rim. If I did this would I be castigated?

If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Pete Rhoads

pete rhoads, restoring 810 phaeton 2241 H