• Topic Author
  • Registered
More
18 Jan 2006 06:09 #4260 by dryesandno
Replied by dryesandno on topic 1937 cord convertible coupe
josh

ok. thanks for the tip.

brent

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Josh Malks
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
16 Jan 2006 00:22 #4247 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic 1937 cord 812 s/c convertible coupe
Good work, Brent.

Just to keep nomenclature corrct, what you've called "chassis" is more correctly called "serial".

CORDially,

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• dryesandno
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 Jan 2006 07:55 #4245 by dryesandno
1937 cord 812 s/c convertible coupe was created by dryesandno
mike/stan

just a post script to our banter.

finally got the 812 to canada up at rm's shop and with it came a copy of certificate c-185.

we have confirmed the following:

1937 cord 812 s/c convertible coupe
central mfg co body tag # C92-250
chassis #31949F
engine # FC2708
blower # V1562
tranny # T209
frame # 949
acd certificate c-185 #7361850-2 of which we now have a copy lists this cord as chassis #31949F. the certificate is signed by paul bryant.

we scraped the paint on the frame to double check the frame number and its definitely #949. based on josh's book it looks like the body tag properly shows it as a convertible coupe and the chassis number also shows that it is supercharged.

so mike, it looks like you have #948 (which you already knew i guess) and i have #949. josh can now update the next edition of his book for our information.

stan, can you update your records to get things correct. i will put this stuff on the 2006 directory info request for the club.

based on the above, i figure this means all my numbers are matching pretty good unless someone else can provide any further reasons why they think not.

by the way, thanks again for all the help from everyone. its really great to have a site to discuss these great cars where there are so many interested and knowledgeable parties.

and mike, stan and bill, i really appreciate you guys responding to my posts. its been very informative and helpful in sorting things out.

brent

ps. bill, i haven't forgot about you and the interior. i need some time to sort things out and go see the car again. i also need to go to the museum and check out the correct colours as everyone has suggested and compare them to what i have. i think my interior is a bit too light to be correct. this may not all happen much before the fall. if you aren't in too much of a rush we might be able to make some arrangement on the interior closer to the end of this year.

pss Happy New Year everyone!