Skip to main content

Door escutheons & fuel regulators

• Jack Richard
  • Registered
More
01 Nov 2005 03:37 #3856 by Jack Richard
Replied by Jack Richard on topic Door escutheons & fuel regulators
I bought a set of improved design door handle escutcheons from Charles Fabian, 10236 South Hoyne, Chicago, Il 60643-2029. These have a nut on the inside of the door which threads onto the escutcheon - a more secure design, but requires the door panels be removed to install. The fuel regulator I use is an adjustable type carried in a lot of auto parts and race parts stores, keep it adjusted to about 4psi.Good luck,Jack

Jack Richard, D.D.S. This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• redfred
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Nov 2005 03:10 #3855 by redfred
Door escutheons & fuel regulators was created by redfred
My poor old bondo wagon has many layers of filler and lead on the door skins. So much so, that I can't get the original style door handle escutheons to fit. I spied a repo set at Gail the Guru, Shaws', and they should do the trick. Does anyone have these available anymore?
I'm also afraid that I've let my beast sit for too long, and her fuel regulator has expired (I run a 6v. electric fuel pump). Does anyone know of a part # for a good replacement? Aprently mine isn't available any more.
Cheers, RF.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.