Skip to main content

Need temporary wheels for Cord

• Visitor
17 Aug 2005 00:08 #3538 by
Replied by on topic Need temporary wheels for Cord
Michael is right, the old Toronado wheel will fit, Matt Bogart has been running them for years with 15 inch tires.

I have to agree though if you ever plan on driving the car get the wheels now while they are available, who know how much longer they will be available and once they are gone I'm sure the price will go up if you can find them.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MICHAEL S SMITH
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2005 19:42 #3536 by MICHAEL S SMITH
Replied by MICHAEL S SMITH on topic Need temporary wheels for Cord
CHARLES

I AGRE WITH MIKE WHOLEHEARTEDLY. BUT FOR YOUR INFO I SEEM TO REMEMBER SOME WHERE FROM THE DEEP RECESSES OF MY ADMITTEDLY FAILING MIND THAT EARLY TORONADO WHEELS FIT, ALTHOUGH THEY WOULD BE 15 INCH. TAKE THIS WITH A GRAIN OF SALT. I SURE SOMEBODY WILL CORRECT ME IF THIS IS FALSE.

MICHAEL S SMITH ACD LIFE MEMBER #40
851 auburn phaeton
851 auburn sedan
810 cord westchester
812 cord phaeton(ex Tressler Swiss)
812 cord custom s/c beverly
812 cord s/c cabriolet
812 cord s/c beverly
80 866 speedster (pray factory built)

• Mike Brady
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2005 17:14 #3535 by Mike Brady
Replied by Mike Brady on topic Need temporary wheels for Cord
Charles:

I assume that those more knowledgeable that I have either left for Auburn or are busy getting ready. As an alternate to a response from someone who has driven a car with welded wheels, I suggest that you consider purchasing new wheels now. One can never predict how long new wheels will be available for and they will likely to have a high re-sale value if you ever choose to part with them. All the references to wheel repair in past newsletters will likely lead you the conclusion "don't do it".

Regards, Mike

• charlesflick
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 Aug 2005 16:05 #3534 by charlesflick
Need temporary wheels for Cord was created by charlesflick
I have one cracked rim and several questionable rims. It will be years before I get my car running and I don't want to spend over $750 for a rim. What are some low cost options? Are there rims from another car that will fit? It does not matter if the hub cap does not fit. What are the rim specifications? (offset, width, bolt pattern) How about repair of the old rims?

Charles Flick