Skip to main content

Door upholstery trim bead

• e merancy
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2005 23:46 #3506 by e merancy
Replied by e merancy on topic Door welting
Maurice Thank you for the reply which answered my question perfecly.It was very much appreciated TKU ED.M.

e.merancy email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Maurice Randall
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2005 18:22 #3503 by Maurice Randall
Replied by Maurice Randall on topic Door upholstery trim bead
After reading your message again, I realized you were talking about the thin welt that runs almost all the way around the door.

I assume you mean the thin welt visible in this photo which is just to the outside of the window frame panel.

This welt extends all the way around to the bottom but does not extend the full length of the bottom. It begins and ends at about 2-3 inches from each corner. The distance from the bottom corners doesn't seem to be uniform on each door.

Hope that helps.

-Maurice

== 2006 will be the "50th" AUBURN Reunion ==

• Maurice Randall
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2005 17:28 #3502 by Maurice Randall
Replied by Maurice Randall on topic Door upholstery trim bead
I don't know about the '37 Beverly, but here's a couple photos of the inside door panel on a '36 Beverly. This is the correct way too, because this interior is 100% original.

Here's the top part of a rear door panel. The front doors are laid out similarly. There is no welt around the window frame. The window is surrounded by a painted (same color as the dash and wheels) steel panel. There is a welt that surrounds the pleated portion of the door panel.

At the bottom of the door, the pleated area does not extend to the bottom, so neither does the welt. There is another welt that surrounds a carpeted area at the bottom of the door panel and this welt does go around the bottom.

-Maurice

== 2006 will be the "50th" AUBURN Reunion ==

• e merancy
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
09 Aug 2005 16:49 #3501 by e merancy
Door upholstery trim bead was created by e merancy
Does anyone know if the trim welt that surrounds the door upholstery and window frames on the Beverly goes completely around including the bottom of the door or is the bottom not done. Thank You Ed.M.

e.merancy email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.