Skip to main content

Right-hand drive Cords - how many 36 Westchesters were made?

• RayCord
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Jun 2005 08:35 #3287 by RayCord
Replied by RayCord on topic Right hand drive westchesters ..
Thanks for the replies. It is interesting that you have a couple of Right-hand drive Cords in the USA. Perhaps they were never exported, or were re-imported into the USA from some countries in the old British Empire. I know of 3 Cords from here that were exported back to the USA, and one that is about to be exported soon. One of the cars from South Africa was re-converted to Left-hand- drive when it got back to the US. We have about 7 Right-hand drive Cords remaining here and one lef-hand drive. The ACD Historian might be able to give you some indication of their history if you have the manufacture platewith the numbers.

Cords in South Africa - visit my website: www.cordinsa.visible.co.za

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• sunroofcord
  • Registered
More
27 Jun 2005 20:53 #3286 by sunroofcord
Replied by sunroofcord on topic RIGHT HAND DRIVE WESTCHESTERS
I've heard that Jim Fox from Hampton, Iowa is restoring a Right Hand Drive Westchester. I believe Jim is one of the original ACD club members. He's pretty sharp. I don't believe he has e-mail but his name and number is in the Directory....I also have an Australian Magazine I recently purchased off e-bay that has an extensive article on the CORD showing a Right Hand Drive Westchester. I will have to check and see if it has any production figures on the Right Hand Drive Cars.

• Ed Gray
  • Visitor
27 Jun 2005 18:33 #3285 by Ed Gray
Josh Malk's book has a table in the back that addresses this question. I have a RHD Westchester with leather (2069A). I don't know if it was ever exported. The only ID with a place name is a service tag with Portland Oregon on it. When I got it it was Cadet Grey, but opon removing some paint it was green underneath.

Ed Gray

• RayCord
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
24 Jun 2005 10:46 #3271 by RayCord
Hi there - here is a question for the history buffs. From various sources I have determined that approximately 300 right hand-drive Cords were manufactured in 1936/37 and exported to the UK, Argentina, South Africa etc.
Does anyone know out of these - how many 1936 Westchesters were made, and how many had pleated leather upholstery? (My car was one of them - so it would be good to know)
Ray

Cords in South Africa - visit my website: www.cordinsa.visible.co.za