Diagram for Cord Cabriolet Convertible Top Irons

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
01 May 2003 15:39 #238 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Re: Convertible Top Irons
Bill-

Yes, we can straighten them and have jigs to check them on if they are not too bad. You will need to disassemble all of the front top bow latches so they can chrome them. And yes, the top irons and metal bows are all chromed from one end to the other.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • ACD Club Past President
  • Registered
More
30 Apr 2003 16:02 #235 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Convertible Top Irons
If I send you the brass inserts from the front bow can you straighten them out? They are bent, ever so slightly.

Also, is the entire assembly supposed to be chromed? Even right down to where it attaches to the frame of the car?

I should think that it would be.

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
30 Apr 2003 15:59 #234 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Schematic
Bill-

I have a schematic illustration of the Cabriolet top irons. You should also take some photos or a video and measurements between the bows for spacing for the trimmer. We can supply a set of stainless steel rivets that screw together when reassembling the parts too.

With the plating, some of the dimensions will change slightly and you may find plating inside some of the holes.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
30 Apr 2003 15:49 #233 by Bill Hummel
Replied by Bill Hummel on topic Re: Cabriolet top irons

Westchester wrote: 1. Service Bulletin 45 for the Cord 810 has some pretty good side views of the top irons.

2. JK Howell has fasteners that replace the rivets.

Thanks for the info Josh. I do have the Service Bulletins. I got them from the ACD Museum. I have read through them, but it has been awhile. I should have thought to look in there.

JK Howell is great, he does seem to have quite a lot of parts.

• Josh Malks
  • Registered
More
30 Apr 2003 06:32 #232 by Josh Malks
Replied by Josh Malks on topic Cabriolet top irons
1. Service Bulletin 45 for the Cord 810 has some pretty good side views of the top irons.

2. JK Howell has fasteners that replace the rivets.

Josh B. Malks
810 2087A
ACD Club Life Member
ACD Newsletter editor
Past president
www.automaven.com

Check out CORD COMPLETE at www.cordcomplete.com

• Bill Hummel
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
30 Apr 2003 01:50 #230 by Bill Hummel
I'm not sure if this is the correct terminology for the metal frame for a convertible top.

I am in the process of getting a new top made for my 36 Cord Cabriolet. I have removed the fabric and now I have removed the metral frame from my car. Before I get a new fabric top made, I want the frame to be gorgeous.

I want to get it rechromed. My chromer(?) says I need to take it apart before they will strip and rechrome all of the parts. That means I have to remember how to put it back together again!

Does anyone have an exploded diagram of how this goes back together? I suppose I could take a video camera and document everything, but a diagram would be nice! Who has one?

How about replacement hardwear to hold it together? It looks like some of the pins are like large pop rivets rather than nuts and bolts.