Skip to main content

Auburn Reunion 2022

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Sep 2022 10:53 #46012 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Auburn Reunion 2022
Gary the engine and gearbox were removed in 9th Street outside the Auburn Hotel. They did not reinstall it at that time.
Having the right sort of lifting gear is the key. I have done the removal of the engine and gearbox and installation twice now and managed not to scratch any paint from anywhere especially the firewall. The engine and gearbox must be level and the work NOT rushed.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
20 Sep 2022 02:54 - 20 Sep 2022 02:55 #46010 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Auburn Reunion 2022
I knew of his passing last year. His son posted Cord parts and the Cars here. I never got to meet him but knew of him thru Randy. Our club members are older but they are the best when it comes to helping others with restoration questions and help. I recall one year a Cord had and engine removal and installation near the Auburn Hotel over night. I wish I was there. Its a very complex job to remove and install and engine. Front steering, suspension and all the sheet metal needs to be removed. I have done all this by myself. The hood is about the worst item to remove alone. But rope and a block n tackle really helps.

Gary Parsons
Last edit: 20 Sep 2022 02:55 by 1748 S.

• Garry Vajda
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Sep 2022 00:50 #46009 by Garry Vajda
Replied by Garry Vajda on topic Auburn Reunion 2022
Thanks Gary!
I purchased the car last year from Jim Lawrence's family in California. I had it shipped to NW Indiana where I live. There is an excellent remembrance of Jim Lawrence in the last newsletter. (July/August 2022 vol. LXX, #4)
Garry Vajda

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Sep 2022 12:59 #46004 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Auburn Reunion 2022
Congradulations are in order. Was this purchased at the festival or before it? With leather interior it's a very nice car. Leather was an offered option but not very many chose it due to the extra cost for the time. Very nice.

Gary Parsons

• Terry Cockerell
  • Elite Forum User
  • Registered
More
19 Sep 2022 04:45 #45999 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Auburn Reunion 2022
Good on you Gary, I saw the car and read the description. It sure is a very nice looking Cord. I wished that I could have brought my Westchester along too however I ive in Australia. My brother and I attended the Connersville and Auburns Meets, both were wonderful.

T cockerell

• Garry Vajda
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
19 Sep 2022 02:24 - 20 Sep 2022 00:26 #45998 by Garry Vajda
Auburn Reunion 2022 was created by Garry Vajda
The first time I laid eyes on a Cord Westchester was at Auburn in 1978 when I was 16 years old. I finally fulfilled my dream of owning one of Gordon Buehrig's original design masterpieces.
Attachments:
Last edit: 20 Sep 2022 00:26 by Garry Vajda.