New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Radio for a phaeton

More
13 Aug 2021 03:14 #43697 by balinwire
Replied by balinwire on topic Radio for a phaeton
Did the oil and water filler spouts that sat above the radio tuner offer some drip protection, it seems the engineers would have overlooked this bit of weather proofing.
When I get my test bench built, power supply, soldering and test equipment ready, I plan to try to trouble shoot my radio leaving as much original as possible. I have learned a little over the years and with YouTube this video would be a good walkthrough as this is a very similar radio to Crosley or Philco. It is obvious it is a very time consuming process $$$$=time but worthy for an historical museum relic Cord.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
13 Aug 2021 09:01 #43698 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Radio for a phaeton
I don't think the radio was high on the list for special protection. The radios were optional. Mine did not have one fitted originally. It came later with a telescopic aerial. Good luck with repairing yours.

T cockerell

• George van Nostrand
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
13 Aug 2021 23:52 #43699 by George van Nostrand
Replied by George van Nostrand on topic Radio for a phaeton
Both hood hinge drain pans have hoses 12 1/2 " long X 1/2 " ID X 5/8 " OD that carry water out through the fire wall with grommets on the engine side. A member had some at the Auburn Flea Market some time ago.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A

• Terry Cockerell
More
14 Aug 2021 00:46 #43700 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Radio for a phaeton
Spot on George. The filler cap recess also drained through the RHS hood hinge drain pan. There is nothing under the single cowl air vent, it relies on the rubber seal under the lid to keep water out.

T cockerell

More
14 Aug 2021 01:47 #43702 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Radio for a phaeton
I have several hood hinge drain pans. One of them has two drain hose nipples on it. I believe that pan fits the passenger side and is specifically for the 36 cars with the cowl oil n water fillers in it. I may even have three complete sets of pans but would need to search for sure.

Gary Parsons

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds