Cord Fog Lamp Wiring

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
10 Jun 2021 23:45 #43324 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Cord Fog Lamp Wiring
Hi Terry,
No I didn't get the drawings. You sent me some a quite a while back, but nothing since then. My new email is [email protected]. My old email (cordman) no longer works.
THanks very much.
Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
10 Jun 2021 20:42 #43323 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Cord Fog Lamp Wiring
I’ve always wired my fog kings with regular wire. On the underside of the long neck brackets, I install bullet connectors that are hidden from sight. In case you have to drop the front bumper to remove the transmission cover, you can keep the fog light attached to the bumper and unplug the bullet connectors to the fog lights and drop the bumper.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
10 Jun 2021 04:33 #43321 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Cord Fog Lamp Wiring
Thanks Jim, that makes sense regarding how to run the wiring.
I sent you some copies of the drawings found by the Hupmobile Car Club, did you receive them?

T cockerell

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
10 Jun 2021 01:30 #43320 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Cord Fog Lamp Wiring
The fog lightgs were installed at the dealerships so they were installed however the mechanic at the Dealership decided to do it. While Cord offered the fog lights and mounting brackets to the dealers they were expensive and there were some dealers that bought Fog King lights and standard brackets and installed them.

On the wiring of the Cord accessory lights, several of the original brackets I have seen, the hole on the underside of the bracket for the wire is not big enough for an armoured cable to pass through. So at least some of them only had regular wire running to the fog lights. If they did use armoured cable on some of the cars they would have only run the armour under the front fender, not back to the dash.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wcoye

More
10 Jun 2021 00:31 #43318 by wcoye
Replied by wcoye on topic Cord Fog Lamp Wiring
Hmm, so the armored cable continued along the frame all the way to the cowl or was the cable was armored just until it reach the frame? Could someone(s) please post photos of how they routed their cables?

Bill Coye
Westchester 2240A
Brag line: Winner of the
2014 Hillsborough Concurs Strother MacMinn award

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
09 Jun 2021 05:42 - 09 Jun 2021 05:45 #43316 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Cord Fog Lamp Wiring
Armored cable in loops around the body sheet metal were my initial thoughts.
I have been to Auburn three time and checked all of the pictures I took but there is nothing conclusive regarding cabling. That is why I have asked the question.
A couple of Cords here in Australia fitted with fog lamps have chromed flexible conduit but looking closer at the fog lamps reveals that they are not genuine Cord items.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 09 Jun 2021 05:45 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding picture

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
09 Jun 2021 00:11 #43315 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Cord Fog Lamp Wiring
As I understand it, these were often (always?) dealer installed., so there is likely some variation. But its my understanding that they used armored cable, going down from the fog lights, making a tight loop under the front of the car and then routed along the frame to the cowl.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
08 Jun 2021 22:14 #43313 by Terry Cockerell
Cord Fog Lamp Wiring was created by Terry Cockerell
How were genuine Cord accessory Fog Lamps wired up? There are holes in the back of the cast steel mounting brackets which I assume the wires were passed through but what was the route of the wires below that? Where holes drilled in the fenders to pass the wires through or did the wires wrap around the fenders?

T cockerell