Skip to main content

Rhode Island / Narrangansett Wiring Service - Looms

More
26 May 2021 23:15 #43262 by alsancle
I installed a one piece Shift harness and overall I liked the quality of the harness but I had two bad connectors that I had to replace. I found one while doing continuity tests on the switch and the other pulled off in my hand once I started checking them.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
24 May 2021 14:15 #43257 by JIM.OBRIEN
Terry, I think I remember someone telling me at one time they were one company but the owners got fueding and one left and started the other company. This was many many many years ago.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
24 May 2021 08:46 #43252 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Rhode Island / Narrangansett Wiring Service - Looms
Jim, I bought the looms from Narrangasett Wiring Services in Rhode Island. I realize Rhode Island Wiring Services is a different company however I have a feeling the two companies are some how interconnected.
I tried to email Narrangasett today without any luck.

T cockerell

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
24 May 2021 02:24 #43249 by JIM.OBRIEN
Terry, I have installed several sets from Rhode Island Wiring and never had a problem.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
23 May 2021 17:40 #43244 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Rhode Island / Narrangansett Wiring Service - Looms
Those two business are only a block or two away from one another.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
23 May 2021 16:32 #43243 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic Rhode Island / Narrangansett Wiring Service - Looms
I will put in an endorsement for Marsha (spelled Marcia) @ Rhode Island Wiring Service (Marsha) PO Box 3737, Peace Dale, RI 02883 800-241-1955

JMM

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
23 May 2021 13:26 #43240 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic Rhode Island / Narrangansett Wiring Service - Looms
There is two wiring services in Rhode Island, the one you used and RIW.
Rhode Island Wiring Service (Marsha) PO Box 3737, Peace Dale, RI 02883 800-241-1955

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• Terry Cockerell
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Registered
More
23 May 2021 01:04 #43238 by Terry Cockerell
While installing the shift change wiring loom to the solenoid valves I discovered that the bullet end connectors are not the right type as they are larger in diameter. The originals were 4 mm diameter where as the new ones are 4.5 mm diameter. I may be able to carefully file them down or make and fit new ends. I guess I am not the first person to be faced with the problem.
I intend contacting the manufacturer to see what can be done now and in the future for others.

T cockerell