New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Interior re-trim .

More
15 May 2021 02:29 #43161 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
Westchester 1500A was a black or dark blue car from the factory with a blue pleated interior.. The paint and upholstery book indicates that a geneva blue car would have a dark blue broadcloth interior.

What color was your car originally? The paint and color book says a palm beach tan or black car would have a deep maroon broadcloth interior., combinations 30 and 32 respectively.
The paint book has rich maroon, thrush brown and clay rust external colors with a light tan broadcloth interior, combinations34,41 and 42..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2021 18:31 - 15 May 2021 18:34 #43163 by [email protected]
Thanks Terry, that is what we are going to do, bit of swishness. Think the body colour piping will look great with the maroon. I still think my car was maroon originally , the tan colour seems to add up, and little microscopic maroon clues here and there I have found too.
Last edit: 15 May 2021 18:34 by [email protected].

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
15 May 2021 21:32 - 15 May 2021 21:34 #43164 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
John the Westchester with Serial No 812 1500A is a unique Cord that was originally owned by Edna Cord, El's sister. It has a bolt on Factory accessory trunk plus a pleated leather interior. Attached are some pictures. It is now in Australia.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 15 May 2021 21:34 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

More
16 May 2021 02:48 #43167 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
810 1500A is a plain West Chester that is sitting in my barn and it has the characteristics that I previously noted with the original door panels still hanging in place.
To repeat, maroon cars per the paint book did not come from the factory with maroon interiors. but with a tan interior. Tan cars came with a maroon interior.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• Terry Cockerell
More
16 May 2021 07:18 #43168 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
John, you must excuse my mistake simply because 810 1500 A is not listed in The Timeless Classic or Cord Complete and you only said 1500 A.
Have you let Ron Irwin know about this "unknown Cord"?
The ACD Club Judges accept that interior variations could be ordered at extra cost from the Factory but not special paint. Rick Hulett documented numerous original cars with trim variations.

T cockerell

More
16 May 2021 15:16 #43171 by [email protected]
My trimmer unearthed this from the back of the front seat, dated 2 days after my 11th birthday, I think it's about time the interior had a re-fresh !
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.333 seconds