New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Interior re-trim .

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
18 Jul 2021 23:06 #43531 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Yes he is Mike. He was delighted to hear that is was in a safe and dry environment where it was being used and eventually restored. Pity I can't afford to bring it back to the US and Canada for an extended touring holiday when the restoration is completed. Acton, Keswick, Connersville and Auburn would be on the Bucket List.
Anybody out there wishing to donate to a good cause, please contact me?
PS. It will have to be a return trip as I would want to take it home.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• JIM.OBRIEN
More
20 Jul 2021 00:22 #43534 by JIM.OBRIEN
Replied by JIM.OBRIEN on topic Interior re-trim .
Terry,
I doubt the door weather seals were ever used on production Cords. Using these seals would require shortening the door panels by 3/8" and I don't think there is enough room in the channel at the bottom for the backing board and the rug and binding. Maybe they were intended to be used and instead they used the rugs on the bottom of the doors.

I did check the original door panels from my westchester (810 1383A) and there are no signs there was ever any weather seals on them.

Jim

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds