New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Interior re-trim .

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
18 Jul 2021 03:38 - 18 Jul 2021 05:57 #43525 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
John, this is probably an area that the Cord 810 812 Judges should be involved with?
Other areas of interest are the door seals. I understand the early cars had molded rubber seals. Actually I have copies of the drawings as they were found by the Hupmobile Car Club. Information supplied by Rick Hulett shows them fitted along the bottom edges of the door panels. One notable example that can be seen with them is the Hard Topped Coupe. The pictures of it were taken in the Factory in Connersville. This Coupe was built from a Cabriolet and Cabriolets appear pretty late in 810 production. There are always interesting anomalies with Cords.
The first and second drawings are for sedans.
The third drawing is for phaetons and probably cabriolets as well.

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 18 Jul 2021 05:57 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Revising text and adding drawings

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
18 Jul 2021 19:12 #43526 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Interior re-trim .
Hi Terry, Did George VanNostrand once own your Cord?
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• Terry Cockerell
More
18 Jul 2021 20:17 #43527 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Hi Mike. Yes he did, between the years 1958 and about 1966. He wishes he never sold it. He used it as his daily driver for a number of years as well long distance vacation trips to Florida. It was still like a new car then.

T cockerell

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
18 Jul 2021 21:41 #43528 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Interior re-trim .
I'm sure he is happy where it ended up. It could have landed in a "collection" where it would never see the light of day again.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

More
18 Jul 2021 21:56 #43529 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Interior re-trim .
No classic car like an ACD should EVER end up not "out there"..... My feelings may not be shared by some car collectors. Drive them... Enjoy them. Let others enjoy the sound and sight of these fine cars.

Gary Parsons

More
18 Jul 2021 22:30 #43530 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
Terry,
The more people that chime in the better. If they happen to be on the judging team that's great.
I looked at one more car, a 1936 Westchester, 1500 A. It has a bead attached to the door metal everywhere but the bottom. It is about 1/8 inch in diameter and as such it is just basically a trim item, barely coming out to the thickness of the door panel. We need SN's for the rest of the pics that were posted.
I might have a bottom door seal. I will have to see if I can locate it and check it against the blueprint.

John

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds