New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Interior re-trim .

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
15 Jul 2021 01:51 #43505 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Wyn in the second picture showing the Custom Beverly door panel there appears to be a welting down the edge of the door fixed with drive nails.
The last 6" is missing.

T cockerell

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
15 Jul 2021 12:56 #43511 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Interior re-trim .
The welting on all 4 doors of my custom welting goes all around the top and down both sides. I have no evidence that it went across the bottom. On other cars I have seen, the welting seems to bend inward and disappear carpet strip begins (see last photo below from thefateofthesleepingbeauties.com). On my rear doors the welting is clearly cut at the top of the lower hinge. Seems strange, but that what I have. But since the lower carpet section on all but one of the doors has fallen off, I am not very confident about how the lower door sections were originally trimmed.

Attachments:

• Terry Cockerell
More
15 Jul 2021 22:22 #43515 by Terry Cockerell
Wyn, the welting around my Westchester door panels does not continue along the bottom edge . It is only along both sides and around the top of the door.

T cockerell

More
17 Jul 2021 01:29 #43521 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
Terry,
It seems we need to start attaching serial numbers to the pics we are showing so that we can define what is an early car and a late car. The serial number of the 810 Westchester that I looked at is 2582 A. The 812 Custom Beverly no. is 10095 S
John
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• Terry Cockerell
More
17 Jul 2021 05:44 #43522 by Terry Cockerell
John.
What you have said is a good idea.
My Cord which is known as the Actonite Cord due to its historical connections with Acton, Ontario has Serial No 810 1586 A.
A while ago in the Forums there was a suggestion to store all of the various information sheets and pictures that Rick Hulett had shared with the members however nothing that I am aware of has happened with this proposal. I have a lot of material that Rick kindly shared with me. I am happy to share it or pass it on to a suitable location.

T cockerell

More
18 Jul 2021 00:54 #43524 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
Terry,
Yes, I thought the reason this thread was started was to help define what the interiors and trunks looked like when the Cords were built. That's why I tend to question any info I see that is different from what I have seen or remember.

I have sent a summary of the emails I received from Rick to 2 people who I thought could benefit from the info. It would be great if we could get everyone who has info from Rick, to submit that info. The trick however, is to find someone who has the capability of organizing and correlating that info into a more digestible form. In the meantime if we could just get all the submissions on this sight somehow so that the general membership who are interested could read through the stuff.
John

Time to create page: 0.490 seconds