New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Interior re-trim .

More
08 Jul 2021 01:19 #43468 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
Terry,
I checked a Westchester and a Custom Beverly this morning that have original interiors. Neither had the extra welting that you point on your car. The cars both have a welting that runs up the front, across the top, and down the back side of the doors but it is attached to the body with drive nails. Nothing at the bottom of the doors. This serves the purpose of sealing the doors from the outside air. At the bottom the sill plate has a ridge that contacts the door trim to serve the same purpose. Was this type of welting on your original door panels and what purpose would it serve?

John

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
14 Jul 2021 07:05 - 14 Jul 2021 07:11 #43491 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Hi John we have just arrived home from a week away with our granddaughter. It has been school holidays here.
I based my door trim panels on information supplied by Mark Clayton and Tim Gilmartin whose Westchesters were restored very accurately. Mark's in particular as it is an early production Cord like mine.
At some early stage rubber door seals that were along the bottoms of the doors were dropped from production. Note, when my doors are close there is space between the door panels and the polished aluminium sill covers. The bottom of the door panels does not seal against the aluminium covers.
The last picture was taken in the Factory ............... you can see the original rubber seal along the bottom edge.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jul 2021 07:11 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding pictures

• Terry Cockerell
More
14 Jul 2021 07:15 - 14 Jul 2021 23:55 #43492 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Steve.
I am confused with your comments regarding carpet strips and the seat platform.
Can you attach a sketch to clarify what you mean?

Attached is a picture of the rear seat.

T cockerell
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 Jul 2021 23:55 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Adding picture

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
14 Jul 2021 16:48 #43496 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Interior re-trim .
Below is an original front door panel from a S/C Custom Beverly #310112 S.

Attachments:

More
14 Jul 2021 18:33 #43501 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Interior re-trim .
Great descriptive pictures showing no questions about originality. I'm wondering why the bottom front edge has black... Maybe undercoating and the drilled holes... Maybe for air circulation to keep inside doors dry.

Gary Parsons

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
14 Jul 2021 19:11 #43503 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Interior re-trim .
Body color is black. Also the car had been repainted once in its history, and door panels removed during that process.

Time to create page: 1.844 seconds