New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Interior re-trim .

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
More
17 May 2021 20:15 #43186 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Interior re-trim .
John: the first real 812 would be 1526 A. Numbers 1406A thru 1510A were renumbered 810s. All this from Ron Irwin’s files.
Tim.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
19 May 2021 02:08 #43206 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic Interior re-trim .
I would like to comment on posts to this thread "Interior re-trim" // Recent Topics // Cord 810/812 by PNP Tim Gilmartin , Australian "Spark Plug" Terry Cockerell and others. Mr. Gilmartin's post #43186 above provides serial number change data from Ron Irwin's files. Similar confirming data is to be found at Page 23 of the notebook reprint CORD ENGINEERING CHANGES (available at the ACD Auto Museum store). When the 9-9-1936 decision was made to "upgrade" certain unsold 1936 Cord Models 810 to 1937 Cord Models 812 specific vehicles were identified. Model 810s with serial numbers 1401 to 1525 inclusive , Production cars in Factory , were thus upgraded. The originally Geneva Blue w/ blue interior car of John McCall S#810/1500A is a fairly early Model 810 and appears to fall outside of the cars on which numbers were changed. It is a true Model 810. The unique Cord Model 812/1500A of Forum Contributor "This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it." Mr. Cockerell reports is now in Australia. It could well be a former Model 810 "upgraded" to a Model 812. Perhaps Terry Cockerell and other "Down Under" club members can arrange to decipher the serial number stamped on the right side rail of the stub frame. It will likely read "500" or, as seems more likely it will be a four digit number giving us the original serial number of the car when built as a Model 810. The reported Engine #FB2012 and CMC Body # C90 1375 indicates a much later production than John McCall's car. I will welcome your comments to correct any errors of logic which I can blame on my advanced age of 84 years. Best Regards to you all, Jack Richards #1080 in Missouri. P.S. - Perhaps Mr. Cockerell can forward to Ron Irwin the current ownership and date of purchase by his friend who supplied the great pictures of 812/1500A. It certainly appears to have an original interior, jr.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
19 May 2021 04:02 #43208 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Interior re-trim .
Advanced age brings wisdom Jack.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
19 May 2021 22:18 #43214 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Jack the new owner of 812 1500A has been in contact with Ron Irwin and Randy Ema to confirm the provenance of the car. It was originally owned by Edna Cord, EL's sister. The car is in southern Queensland which is 500 miles from where I live. I will email the owner to see if he can decipher the frame number.

T cockerell

More
20 May 2021 01:21 #43215 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
Jack,
When I read the referenced engineering change and Josh Malks Timeless Classic appendix IV, I would state things a little differently than you and Tim. I would say, the company had a lot of unsold 810 cars and they decided to renumber them as 812 cars. The serial numbers on those unsold 810 cars ranged from 1001 to 1100 , which were originally show cars. They also had cars in branches that could have had serial numbers between 1101 and 1400. and cars still at the factory which could have had serial numbers between 1401 and 1525. Not all of the included serial numbered 810 cars would have been renumbered as some of them were already sold. As Josh stated, all 812 cars with serial numbers below 1526 were in fact renumbered 810s. Also the 812 serial number only matched the 810 number on cars that were originally show cars. The new 812 serial numbers were not necessarily between 1401 and 1525, but could have been anywhere between 1001 and 1525. For instance I own 812 1186H and it is a renumbered 810.
Using the way I read the engineering change and Josh's appendix, 812 1500A has to be a renumbered 810 because 1500 is less than 1526. Then again, I'm no spring chicken either.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• Tim Gilmartin
More
20 May 2021 21:00 #43221 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Interior re-trim .
We’re a little away from Interior re-trim, but I have researched some numbers. I compared Josh’s info from Cord Complete with Ron Irwin’s Master List of known Cords. Adding up the number of renumbered 810s, including all the models (I.e. Westchester, Convertible Coupe, Phaeton, and Beverly), I have 175 cars that are in Ron’s list. Of course, there are gaps in the serial numbers that is caused by cars no longer in existence, or just unknown at this time.

Time to create page: 0.135 seconds