New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Interior re-trim .

More
16 May 2021 15:43 #43172 by [email protected]
I contacted Larry, was owned by a Richard Barber and was Burgundy then, just as I suspected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tim Gilmartin
  • ACD Club Past President
  • ACD Club Past President
More
16 May 2021 19:25 #43174 by Tim Gilmartin
Replied by Tim Gilmartin on topic Interior re-trim .
Terry: John’s car, 810 1500A, is in Ron Irwin’s master list. It is a known car.
Tim.

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
16 May 2021 20:53 #43175 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Trevor, your are becoming your own auto-detective. It is amazing what you can find when you start digging. In an old ACD Club newsletter there was an article on the discovery of names and addresses written on the back of an original door trim panel of the people who did the work in the Factory in Connersville when the car was built. I had a look in Street View at the addresses, simple unadorned workers cottages just as they were back in the 1930s.

T cockerell

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
16 May 2021 21:53 #43177 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic Interior re-trim .
I think this is common with trimmers. I found similar info. on the back of a kick panel on my Marmon. I just put new bearings and bushings in a 1913 trans. and left my info. on the inside cover.
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

More
17 May 2021 03:01 #43179 by john mccall
Replied by john mccall on topic Interior re-trim .
Terry,
Not a mistake on your part. When I saw the 812 for sale recently I said to myself, did they really start the numbering system over again for the 812's?
That really creates questions when registering a car as the serial number is usually the identifying number. Model numbers and names less important. It is not necessarily the most logical thing to do. Of course re-numbering 810's as an 812 wouldn't fly these days either.
I think the info in Ron's file is what i gave him years ago. The car came out of Canada as a stripped basket case. Someone had started to restore it and then apparently decided to use some of the parts for a different project.
I don't disagree that there were variations from the factory color and trim book. If you are restoring a car, the way you want it to look, that's fine. If you are going to show that car, you usually will need documentation if it doesn't meet the the normal accepted standards.
Rick had a lot of pics of stuff on original cars that wouldn't float with today's judging. Unfortunately re-discoverying that info will probably never happen.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

• Terry Cockerell
More
17 May 2021 05:42 - 17 May 2021 05:44 #43180 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Interior re-trim .
Hi John, yes it appears that the numbers started again with the prefix 812. They are all laid out in the back of Josh Malks's books. I figured the lists in Cord Complete had been updated compared to those in The Timeless Classic.
It is most unfortunate that Rick Hulett's discoveries and files are not included within the current Judging Standards. The standards accept variations in trim colours and materials but not paint. Gordon Buehrig told members at various meets that special paint was on offer at extra cost. Folk Law says the same in Connersville. Custom built Cords could be made to order at the Factory which was a vast complex, so why not special paint to order at extra cost?
The Judging Standards should cover what did come out of the Factory and not dismiss variants.

T cockerell
Last edit: 17 May 2021 05:44 by Terry Cockerell. Reason: Spelling Error
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards, 1748 S

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds