Skip to main content

Clutch Switch

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 17:44 #42796 by uconn_1965
Replied by uconn_1965 on topic Clutch Switch
Hi Alsancle: it could only be the angle of the photo of your clutch switch but the mounting arm looks slightly bent and that could effect your shifting. The reason I say this is that many years ago I was driving to the eastern spring meet and lost all my shifting. The car was in third so I was able to drive the rest of the way to the meet. While their, Dick Green gave me 2 length of wires with alligator clips and I was able to hot wire the clutch switch. I ran the 2 wires to inside the car and on the drive back home, I had my girl friend touch the 2 wires together to complete the shift when selecting gears. The hardest part I had was convincing my girlfriend that she wouldn’t get a shock when she touched the wires together. Moral of the story is that if you drive your Cord, carry a couple of long wires with alligator clips and keep them in your glove box. When I got home, I straighten the mounting arm of clutch switch and that fixed the problem.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S, alsancle

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 17:28 #42795 by uconn_1965
There are 2 “terminals” on the top side of the clutch switch. The red wire goes into the “terminal “ at the top closest to the oil pan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alsancle

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 16:54 #42794 by alsancle
Replied by alsancle on topic Clutch Switch
In your picture the red wire is nice and easy to identify. Want to take a guess which one it is in mine? I can probably put a toner on the other end and figure it out.
Attachments:

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 16:34 #42793 by uconn_1965
Yes you are correct. For orientation, look at the dip stick and the nut cover for master cylinder. That would be the same position or location on all Cords, opened or closed, non S/C or S/C.

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 16:30 #42792 by alsancle
Thanks. I got it. So this is looking down on drivers side of car right next to master cylinder. This car doesn't have a cage so things look a little more open.
Attachments:

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 16:24 #42791 by uconn_1965
When I log in, I click on forums, read more. The very first category is club information and that is where the photo of clutch switch and red wire is located or send me your email address and I’ll send it directly to you. Cliff

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 15:50 #42790 by alsancle

uconn_1965 wrote: I couldn’t attach photo to this reply. I shared a photo of red wire to clutch switch but it appears under the club information tab. Hope this helps

I looked under the "club info" tab but was not sure where to go. Is it in one of the boattail newsletters?

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 14:59 #42788 by uconn_1965
I couldn’t attach photo to this reply. I shared a photo of red wire to clutch switch but it appears under the club information tab. Hope this helps

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Apr 2021 14:29 #42786 by alsancle
Clutch Switch was created by alsancle
Could someone point me in the direction of where the Clutch Switch is located? I didn't want to pollute the selection switch wiring thread anymore than I have, but I'm trying to pull the selection harness to the front of the car following the original one. First problem is the red wire from the old harness comes out of the selection harness and is wrapped in to another set of wires. The Red wire goes to the clutch switch and powers the entire setup.

See my picture. What fun.