Skip to main content

Complete rebuilt front brakes on eBay

• uconn_1965
  • Away
  • Registered
More
27 Mar 2021 03:04 #42740 by uconn_1965
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by uconn_1965 on topic Complete rebuilt front brakes on eBay
N B Pease in Palmer Ma. should be able to help you out with riveted shoes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
27 Mar 2021 00:16 #42734 by alsancle
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by alsancle on topic Complete rebuilt front brakes on eBay
Thanks everybody. I got a PM from a member that pointed out to me that the Bendix brakes were a 812 improvement and owners of 810 cars with lockheed brakes often make the upgrade.

Since our car is an 812 with Bendix brakes I'll simply get new brake cylinders and potentially shoes and lines.

• George van Nostrand
  • Registered
More
26 Mar 2021 18:27 #42733 by George van Nostrand
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by George van Nostrand on topic Complete rebuilt front brakes on eBay
Several causes of brake pull would be 1- contaminated lining , 2-blocked flex hose, 3 -seized cylinder pistons.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A
The following user(s) said Thank You: alsancle

• uconn_1965
  • Away
  • Registered
More
26 Mar 2021 13:41 #42732 by uconn_1965
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by uconn_1965 on topic Complete rebuilt front brakes on eBay
I highly recommend parts from George. If you drive your Cord, the Bendix backing plates are FAR SUPERiOR to the Lockheed brakes. Cords never stopped great at speed going down steep hills and yo.u want the best stopping power possible, that’s with bendix brakes. Opinion not based on scientific test but by personal experience.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
26 Mar 2021 13:14 #42731 by 1748 S
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by 1748 S on topic Complete rebuilt front brakes on eBay
As already posted who made up this set. George knows our Cords very well. The brake cylinders are new. The shoes are relined so they too are new. From the pictures I suspect the brake shoe springs and hardware are also new. The backing plates appear to be in great condition too. Is there a down side to these??? Not that I can see. I thought about purchasing these and putting them away for future needs but I will pass. My shoes were relined 2 years ago. My original lining was Asbestos and not in poor shape.It was riveted. My lining is the same as these offered on Ebay and is bonded. Nothing wrong with bonded lining. Every modern car today has bonded lining. It has nearly the same stopping power as riveted Asbestos lining. Our Jaguar XJ12L had a metallic lining on the pads both front and back. I could purchase a full metallic pad but... The rotors wear out faster than the pads... Not a very good Idea. Today you can specify the metallic content you want for brake lining or pad lining. Same for our Cords. You may want to ask what these shoes have for lining too. But I bet its the best of the cars brake drums and still offering great stopping power. Its a personal choice as to how much you will actually drive your Cord.
Concerning your car pulling to the right when stopping and not having the drums off the car is impossible to guess whats going on. But having a spare set to install is a great feeling like in this instance.
Hers is a couple of pics of my relined shoes n backing plates.

Gary Parsons
Attachments:

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
26 Mar 2021 12:04 #42728 by wynlaidig
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationReplied by wynlaidig on topic Complete rebuilt front brakes on eBay
These are from George Arakelian, so they should be great. You can ask him for details.

• alsancle
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
26 Mar 2021 11:52 #42727 by alsancle
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationComplete rebuilt front brakes on eBay was created by alsancle
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationWould anyone like to comment on this complete rebuilt set of front brake backing plates on ebay?

I've got a hard pull left I need to deal with and I don't believe the brakes have been gone through in years. No idea on the final price but I'm wondering if I'm going to save myself some time assuming this is a decent set.
Attachments: