New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Gearbox oil

More
25 Nov 2020 16:11 #41566 by Rileypu29
Replied by Rileypu29 on topic Gearbox oil
I found the following information about gear oils on the Rymax Lubricants web site. Rymax looks to be based in Holland, you might try looking at their products to find something suitable. I found GL-4 gear oils in 85W-140 weight on their site.

www.rymax-lubricants.com/updates/the-dif...tween-gl-4-and-gl-5/

Bill Kastanis
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tcheri
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
27 Nov 2020 08:26 - 27 Nov 2020 08:27 #41597 by Tcheri
Replied by Tcheri on topic Gearbox oil
I found this oil in UK, Millers oil 140W and compatible with yellow metals :

Millers Gear Oil Vintage Green 140 GL1 - 1 litre

But as it's a GL1, I have doubts that it's enough in term of EP ? GL4 is much better on that side, but it's never written that it's compatible with yellow metals.

On the other side, the german importer of Lubriplate answered my email and I am now in contact of the shop responsible for France, Belgium and Holland.

Antwerp Lion Oil Works NV

They are selling by 16Kg units for 219€ + transport. With transport, Millers 140W or Lubriplate SPO 277 will be more or less at the same price per litre.
Last edit: 27 Nov 2020 08:27 by Tcheri.

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
02 Dec 2020 13:24 - 02 Dec 2020 14:20 #41657 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Gearbox oil
is the Lubriplate SPO-277 oil to be used in both the transmission and steering gearbox??
Last edit: 02 Dec 2020 14:20 by wynlaidig.

• George van Nostrand
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
03 Dec 2020 00:54 #41667 by George van Nostrand
Replied by George van Nostrand on topic Gearbox oil
Look up PENRITE LUBRICANTS for steering gears. It's a heavy oil made for steering gears.

Restoring 1936 Cord Westchester sedan.2023 A
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
03 Dec 2020 02:22 #41668 by Rileypu29
Replied by Rileypu29 on topic Gearbox oil
I consulted my Cord Owners Companion about the steering gear oil and it appears that the SPO-277 may be OK. Attached is the information in the book which indicates anything from SAE 110 to SAE 250 gear oil for the steering gear. The SAE 140 SPO-277 seems like it should be OK as it is in the range If you want to go with a heavier gear oil then the Lubriplate SPO-299 which is SAE 250 should be good. Sorry about the orientations of the pictures if they are off, I am not sure how to fix them here. .

Bill Kastanis
Attachments:

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • ACD Club Life Member
More
03 Dec 2020 03:11 #41669 by wynlaidig
Replied by wynlaidig on topic Gearbox oil
Yes, I have some Penrite that I have used on other cars. That's what I was planning on using until I thought I read someone saying the SPO-277 should be used. Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.212 seconds