New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Head Bolt Lengths

• twright3
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
14 Sep 2020 17:14 #40960 by twright3
Head Bolt Lengths was created by twright3
As we know the stock head bolts have unusually thick heads. They are expensive but can be replaced with easily available bolts if they are of sufficient strength. The original look can be approximated if the strength pattern on the heads are carefully machined off and they are trimmed to the correct lengths listed in the manual. My question is: Do the lengths listed in the manual include the head or are these lengths just for the shaft/threaded part? And if the lengths include the heads, how thick are the stock heads?
Thanks,
Tom in San Diego

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2020 20:57 #40961 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Head Bolt Lengths
On any bolt, the thickness of the head is never included in the measured length. Hope this helps you find what you are looking for. I'm located about 80 miles north of you. If you need me to look at something I can drive down most any time.
Gary Parsons

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds