New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Cord blueprints

• Thomas Wilcock
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
02 Aug 2020 12:46 #40634 by Thomas Wilcock
Cord blueprints was created by Thomas Wilcock
A friend gave me old copies of the Hupmobile Club newsletter, the HUPP HEARALD. The club had received several cabinets of blueprints from the Hupmobile factory. The president, Brian Spear and some members are in the process of scanning them. In their summer 2018 newsletter it was noted that a print created by the Auburn Car Company dated in 1935 for the Cord 810 was found in the collection of prints. There could be other Cord prints found as they go through them all. Perhaps the ACD Club or ACD Museum should contact Brian to get copies of the Cord prints as they turn up. Perhaps the Hupmobile Club has already contacted the ACD Club.
Tom

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Away
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
02 Aug 2020 15:04 #40635 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Cord blueprints
Truly something many Cord owners would be interested in. I know I'm interested in particular body blueprints of the cowl vents. Sadly mine are missing...

Gary Parsons

• Terry Cockerell
  • Frequent Forum Contributor
More
03 Aug 2020 03:07 #40641 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Cord blueprints
Hi Tom, this is really exciting news that needs to be saved and shared.
Why don't you introduce Brian Spear to Brandon Anderson at the ACD Museum in Auburn. It will be very interesting to see what is found.

T cockerell

• Thomas Wilcock
  • Topic Author
  • Forum Contributor
  • Forum Contributor
More
03 Aug 2020 13:16 #40642 by Thomas Wilcock
Replied by Thomas Wilcock on topic Cord blueprints
The Hupmobile Club newsletter is the "Hupp Herald" and not as I previously posted. They estimate they have about 50,000 blueprints and it will take a while for the volunteers to scan them all. I don't have contact information for Brandon Anderson But I did let our ACD Club president know.
Tom

More
03 Aug 2020 15:47 #40644 by SamGrate
Replied by SamGrate on topic Cord blueprints
Hi Thomas,

You can contact either myself (curator) or Brandon Anderson (director) via email at:
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

We've been digitizing our entire archive for the past 6 years now and adding more Cord blueprints to the mix would be excellent! Hope to hear from you soon. Thank you!

• Terry Cockerell
More
05 Aug 2020 10:48 #40649 by Terry Cockerell
Replied by Terry Cockerell on topic Cord blueprints
Tom, I contacted Brian Spear . He told me they have around 500 original drawings of the Hupmobile Skylark and approximately 100 drawings that originated from the Auburn Automobile Company.
Wheels are in motion with the ACD Museum in Auburn.
What an absolutely wonderful discovery! Thanks for sharing this mate.
Terry Cockerell
Australia

T cockerell

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds