Skip to main content

Rubber Channel for Stainless Door Window Frames - 1936/1937 Cord Convertibles

• john mccall
  • Registered
More
21 Jul 2020 01:36 #40565 by john mccall
Looking at my copy of Stan's catalog, its is not obvious what part number i would order . About as confusing as the initial discussion. Could you find the part number that you ordered or call Stan's and they could tell you what part number you got.
I would like to get some also.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jonathan Richards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wynlaidig
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
17 Jul 2020 23:47 #40541 by wynlaidig
John, you can buy the correct profile rubber channel from Stan. I don't have the part number, but I recently bought some.

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
13 Jul 2020 19:30 #40516 by johnmereness
Profile would sort of look like this:

JMM
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
13 Jul 2020 19:12 - 17 Jul 2020 13:37 #40515 by johnmereness
I am talking about the rubber that goes in the stainless channel between the rubber and the glass - there is sort of a decorative bead on it between the glass and the stainless channel the glass it retained in ( ie. NOT the channel the stainless frame slides in when you wind the window up and down). Basically, on any other make car you would use Glass Setting Tape, but a Cord used a special rubber to hold the glass into the stainless frame.

As to felt for those doing other projects - such as on back sides of cowl board or under carpets (possibly they make really thin for window channel too) - I use this company (my upholster gave me the referral) www.sutherlandfelt.com/felt/ecofelt/ and www.thefeltcompany.com/eco-felt/

JMM
Last edit: 17 Jul 2020 13:37 by johnmereness.

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
13 Jul 2020 00:52 #40509 by uconn_1965
George: you are correct. I thought John was asking about the SS strips that screw into the convertible windshield and the SS strip on the convertible top that took felt. The stainless steel window frames that surround the Convertible door glass is rubber.

• E L
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
13 Jul 2020 00:10 #40508 by E L
I think the discussion got switched from rubber to felt. If we are talking about the rubber that holds the glass in frame, contact Ethan Turner

if we a

• JIM.OBRIEN
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
12 Jul 2020 01:32 #40507 by JIM.OBRIEN
John,
You have to make your own. I use a piece of felt wrapped around a piece of rubber. You can get the felt at Joann's. The rubber is a piece of appropriately sized weather seal. You can glue the felt to the rubber and insert it in the channel.
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

More
11 Jul 2020 21:22 #40506 by xjn001
Felt is offered from McMaster Carr catolog

• uconn_1965
  • Registered
More
11 Jul 2020 20:34 #40505 by uconn_1965
Others may correct me but I always used felt strips inside the stainless. There used to be a felt manufacturer in Unionville, ct. I would buy a sheet of felt the correct thickness and cut the felt with a straight edge and razor to the correct width and length. Unfortunately that felt company is out of business. I always found the felt sealed tight to the window and allowed the window to go up and down easily.

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
11 Jul 2020 19:50 #40504 by johnmereness
Wanted: Rubber Channel stock for Stainless Door Window Frames - 1936/1937 Cord Convertibles - Has anyone found a good source for this product and what is there part# and contact information ? I do not want to reinvent a wheel. Thanks

JMM