Skip to main content

So, what's Auburn like?

• johnmereness
  • Registered
More
11 Jan 2020 18:57 - 11 Jan 2020 19:01 #39244 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic So, what's Auburn like?
Auburn, Indiana is a pretty decent cultural little town just about 20 minutes outside of Fort Wayne (which is a pretty decent sized town as far as Indiana goes). Auburn is also handy enough to Toledo, Detroit, Indianapolis, and Chicago. As far as cultural, it is about as great a little town as you will find with multiple coffee shops, local music, nice restaurants, little dives, and ... (obviously there are towns like Yellow Springs via Antioch university that have unparalleled cultural aspects or Oxford, OH with Miami University - Ivy League of the Midwest as they say). I would say affordable to live there, though the more upscale you want the more you will pay - just like anywhere else. If it is any help, I live in Cincinnati proper and work downtown to feel very at home in Auburn (make no mistake though it is a small town). And, Auburn covers all economic scales too - in decent quantity of everything. A fun town to walk for hours in too - they have a lot of areas with sidewalks, allbeit not the best maintained sidewalks. As to that Hipster vibe - well, for a long time Auburn seemed isolated from Fort Wayne, but you are seeing people taking an interest in living in Auburn and driving into Fort Wayne, as well as some better business moving into Auburn that while still manufacturing give people some better options than in years past.

JMM
Last edit: 11 Jan 2020 19:01 by johnmereness.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mikespeed35
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
10 Jan 2020 22:22 #39229 by mikespeed35
Replied by mikespeed35 on topic So, what's Auburn like?
I certainly wouldn't call it "urban hipster culture".
CORDiallyMike

Mike Huffman

• Joe Holderman
  • Registered
More
10 Jan 2020 21:54 #39228 by Joe Holderman
Replied by Joe Holderman on topic So, what's Auburn like?
Auburn that we talk about here is in Indiana, not Alabama

Future Cord owner.

Messenger Link: m.me/hotrodjoe

• johnsmith101
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
10 Jan 2020 12:22 - 27 Mar 2020 12:05 #39224 by johnsmith101
So, what's Auburn like? was created by johnsmith101
I'm thinking about going to AU for my graduate work and I was wondering what Auburn is like? Is there any sort of (oh this sounds horrible) indie scene? Art, coffee shops, local music? I see from the ol' Craigylisty that it can be fairly affordable to live there, is that accurate? I've never even been to the state, so any input would be much appreciated!

Edit: Thanks for the replies! You all seem like a swell bunch of people. Just for clarity, I'm at a comparably sized school in a small city that revolves around football as well- I'm not looking for 'urban hipster culture', just wondering what it's like. tubemate get-mobdro.com authorityapk.com
Last edit: 27 Mar 2020 12:05 by johnsmith101.