Please help me identify this vehicle...Is it an Auburn?

More
08 Dec 2019 17:08 #39005 by johnmereness
Challenging restoration and resto-mod is ok, but lots of work there too - you may just want to put it up for sale and shoot for 20K to 25K (being a 4 door convertible) to get you better situated in something else.

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Dec 2019 18:37 #39006 by pete kelly
Rear axle is probably not Auburn unless 34-36
Gauge cluster is obviously 32-33
Body would fit 31-33 but not salon
The following user(s) said Thank You: gpohls

More
08 Dec 2019 19:56 #39007 by Brad Hoskins
John

To be specific on Pete's comment, the two speed rear end control in the center of the gauge cluster is 32 --33. The body itself would work from 31-33.

GPOHLS
If you have the correct frame , the frame number will be stamped on the outside of the right front frame rail over the right front spring hanger. It can be hard to find due to light stamping .
The VIN plate is nailed to the top of the right wooden sill by the front seat. They usually go missing .
The numbers you are showing are part numbers .
I've messaged you with where to find the body number ( not the VIN but close!)

Brad

31 8-98 cabriolet
The following user(s) said Thank You: johnmereness, gpohls

• gpohls
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
09 Dec 2019 16:52 #39015 by gpohls
Its definitely missing the VIN plate, I talked to my dad who told me some of the background story of the car, originally from a very wealthy miner mogul, who gave it away to a servant, who couldnt keep up with the proper mainatenance and had the car stalled..... He was always told not to tamper by adapting stuff to it . The car went to storage inside a mine where it was heavily burglarized and later sold as is in what ever was left to my dad 40 years ago and been stored ever since.
My dad lightly did some body work 35 years ago just to keep it from the elements until he had the time, chance to do this proyect..... He never got around, as there was always a more important or less complicated car do. But he is very old school, his old Ford, Cadillac and Dodge restoration contacts have all died and he in his 80s is no longer interested in stuff.... he is more into traveling when his condition allows. Can someone point me out where is a good place to start looking for body parts to at least complete the shell to consider a Restomod ?
Thanks

• auburnandyscar
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
11 Dec 2019 04:17 #39017 by auburnandyscar
Replied by auburnandyscar on topic Please help me identify this vehicle...Is it an Auburn?
Parts are available, but it takes money and TIME.
I started with a car in similar to worse condition, it's been about six years for me to get it where it is decent to drive.
Neat car, see if any of the top bows exist.

Check out my build at:
www.1932auburnsedan.com

The following user(s) said Thank You: gpohls

• gpohls
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
11 Dec 2019 04:33 #39018 by gpohls
Are there Online places for parts? or Ebay ? Any tips?

Time to create page: 0.065 seconds