New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

Please help me identify this vehicle...Is it an Auburn?

• gpohls
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
07 Dec 2019 00:15 #38993 by gpohls
Hello Community,

I am very new to this brand, as my dad was a car restorer (hobbyst) and although he is still very active, his parkinson has limited him very much.

One of his project cars he never got around in restoring was this supposedly Auburn.

I know nothing about this vehicle except it has been in his possesion dissasembled for 35 years at least , no rust , always in a warehouse and in the Arizona type of desert, so the metal is basically pristine.

Can you guys help me identify it? Is it an Auburn?

Thanks

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Dec 2019 03:41 #38995 by pete kelly
1932 or 33 Auburn phaeton
www.google.com/search?q=1933+auburn+phae...imgrc=muVErEHlX7vBFM :
Has wrong hood and rad shell
The following user(s) said Thank You: gpohls

• gpohls
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
07 Dec 2019 15:35 #38996 by gpohls
Thank you very much , are the parts available for restoration? Is a car in this condition worth restoring?
Are they replica parts available?
I have done several restorations, but all of them of very common cars, like Fords Model A.... I lack knowledge in Auburn (pardon my English, I am in Mexico and From Mexico)

More
07 Dec 2019 18:13 #38997 by Brad Hoskins
Parts will be difficult to find. The vehicle as shown in the photos is pretty incomplete. In addtion to Pete's comment, the headlight bar is incorrect and the rear wheel shows a five bolt wheel so the rear axle is likely incorrect as well making the frame and running gear suspect. There doesn't appear to be any transmission or engine. I'm not sure if your dad has a stash of parts somewhere but if he doesn't I would say it is beyond restoring. If you have more parts , post some photos and we can let you know if you have the right stuff.

The sheet metal appears to be in good shape and is definitely worth something. There will be interest in that.

Brad

31 8-98 cabriolet

• gpohls
  • Topic Author
  • Forum User
  • Forum User
More
07 Dec 2019 18:45 #38998 by gpohls
He has 3/4 of the motor in parts and the transmission. No papers, and I looked for the VIN plates and numbers and I cant find them anywhere except for some numbers that seem to just part numbers that are not VIN related.

I agree , this car must be beyond restoration to its original glory... but maybe If I could just get enough parts to do a Restomod, (not a hot rod), but a car with modern confort with old looks..... Are there enough replica parts to complete the exterior? Where do you guys suggest I could buy or look for the exterior parts to complete a Restomod build for this? Are there Auburn Restomods out there? I might be commiting blasphemy with this, but I am in love with the looks of Auburns..... Very Underrated brand!

Attachments:

More
08 Dec 2019 17:02 - 08 Dec 2019 17:03 #39004 by johnmereness
Why was 1931 ruled out as a potential year for this car ? Body style is 1931, 1932, and 1933

And, Hood and Radiator Shell are incorrect, as are wheels (which in this case also would equate to incorrect axles too).

JMM
Last edit: 08 Dec 2019 17:03 by johnmereness.

Time to create page: 0.406 seconds