Skip to main content

1935 -1936 // 6 or 8 cylinder Sedan / Phaeton original trunk interior photos

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
05 Dec 2019 14:56 #38982 by johnmereness
Curt, that is what I found in the 35, the one 36 had already had the tool roll strap removed, and I was the first person to touch this 36 - I could not get a really good picture, but it was definitely ribs and flats verses traditional long grain pattern.

JMM

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Registered
More
03 Dec 2019 17:52 #38972 by Curt Schulze
John, it is my experience that the trunk mats were the same rubber material as the front floor mats.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
01 Dec 2019 17:47 #38956 by johnmereness
This was a surprise - pulled up the tool roll strap in the trunk and saw that they original rubber mat was ribbed (with ribs and flats) - not what I expected as I thought it would be long grain vinyl look like the front floor mat.

JMM
The following user(s) said Thank You: 1748 S

• johnmereness
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
19 Oct 2019 18:33 - 19 Oct 2019 18:35 #38627 by johnmereness
There was a nice post the other week going on the Cord page with photos of the interior of Westchester and Beverly photos. I am currently doing an 8 cylinder tire in the trunk Phaeton and it would be nice to see whatever detail is available out there (unfortunately it has been slim pickings in survivor cars matched to peoples availability to photograph). While Curt Schulze and I have a decent collection of photos, they are a detail here and a detail there - and it would be nice to see photos of a decent original trunk. My guess is the photos will come from a 6 cylinder car.

JMM
Last edit: 19 Oct 2019 18:35 by johnmereness.