Skip to main content

Looking for carburetor rebuilder

• Neal Ziff
  • Registered
More
10 Sep 2019 04:19 #38257 by Neal Ziff
Replied by Neal Ziff on topic Looking for carburetor rebuilder
Thanks Jonathan. The ACD forum was instrumental in helping me accomplish the work I had to do to get and keep the car running. It's nice to be able to help in return. Neal

Neal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jonathan Richards
  • Registered
More
10 Sep 2019 02:36 #38255 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic Looking for carburetor rebuilder
Dear Mr. Ziff,
It is great you were able to direct Mr. Scherer to a proper carburetor rebuilder. This is a virtually lost art in these days of throw away auto components. Very much enjoyed speaking with you at Eckart Park and having an opportunity to see your remarkably original 1930 Auburn 8-95 cabriolet. This ACD Club website is a great tool and information source. Best Regards, Jonathan Richards #1080 at Chesterfield, Missouri.

• Neal Ziff
  • Registered
More
08 Sep 2019 15:46 #38237 by Neal Ziff
Replied by Neal Ziff on topic Looking for carburetor rebuilder
Gary,
I have a Schebler UX51 in my 1930 8-95. When I first began working towards getting things running, getting the carb to function consistently was a huge challenge. Despite countless recommendations to abandon the original carb and move on to something else, I continued to look for the right person to help me. I found him, and the amount that I drive the car with no carb issues (about 700 miles in the last 3 months) is the proof of his capabilities. Send me a PM or call me and I'll get you his info.
Neal Ziff

Neal

• GARY.SCHERER
  • Topic Author
  • Non-Member
  • Registered
More
08 Sep 2019 01:09 - 08 Sep 2019 01:09 #38221 by GARY.SCHERER
Looking for carburetor rebuilder was created by GARY.SCHERER
I have a Stromberg and a Schebler for my 1932 Auburn that I would like to get rebuilt. Looking for recommendations if anyone has had this work done.
Thanks .
Gary S
Last edit: 08 Sep 2019 01:09 by GARY.SCHERER.