New Membership Platform: Membee

The ACD Club is rolling out a new online membership system. All ACD Club Members should have receivied an email with enrollment instructions. You will use your email address as your login, and select a new password. This account will be used to renew your membership, update membership information, and make changes to your membership record.

This account is NOT THE SAME as your current account which you use to access the ACD Website Forums. Please continue to log into the Forums with the same username and password as you have always used. In the future we may consolidate the two accounts.

How to tell a real from a fake supercharged 850-851?

More
16 Aug 2019 15:56 #38031 by G-T
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Curt Schulze
  • Away
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
17 Aug 2019 15:22 #38035 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic How to tell a real from a fake supercharged 850-851?
Can't tell anything from that pix . look at the dataplate on the other side.
If you get your car judged, there are a few points that will get knocked off.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

More
20 Aug 2019 13:55 - 20 Aug 2019 13:58 #38046 by ilikescars
This is off-subject, but I just had a S/C counterbalanced crank made-up by SCAT in California. Perfectly fits 35-36 Auburn Lycoming engines. They now have all the specs, so the cost is not too high.
I also have the patterns to make S/C exhaust manifolds, (exact reproduction).
Last edit: 20 Aug 2019 13:58 by ilikescars. Reason: error

More
20 Aug 2019 14:10 - 20 Aug 2019 14:12 #38047 by ilikescars
G-T: It looks from that picture that your car was converted from standard to supercharged appearance. There are no s/c intake manifolds, no supercharger and you have a non-s/c carb. & air cleaner. My guess is that someone liked the appearance of the external pipes and built it that way.
Beautiful car, though!
Last edit: 20 Aug 2019 14:12 by ilikescars.

• Curt Schulze
  • Away
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
20 Aug 2019 14:20 #38048 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic How to tell a real from a fake supercharged 850-851?
Stan used to sell that conversion. Is that Paul Terhorst's car

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

More
20 Aug 2019 23:12 #38052 by johnmereness
Replied by johnmereness on topic How to tell a real from a fake supercharged 850-851?
I think Paul's car was more "yellow" in paint color with perhaps red interior and wheel disks too. Looks like same idea though.

JMM

Time to create page: 0.364 seconds