How to tell a real from a fake supercharged 850-851?

More
29 Jul 2019 16:44 #37895 by G-T
I presently have two supercharged Auburn in my shop, one is a certified one and the other one is having every original parts to make it look alike and since that there is even the originals exhaust manifold and piping, and since that it dosent seem like there are reproduction parts available I was wondering if this car was an original supercharged one that they had remove the supercharger or that somone had the chance to find all original parts to do the conversion? Any input would be very appreciate since that I am very intrigued by this situation...;Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Jul 2019 18:42 #37896 by 1748 S
This is the best web site to ask this question. I can't tell you what to look for but several members here will help.Pictures would be a great help too.

Gary Parsons

More
29 Jul 2019 23:31 #37898 by ilikescars
Does your car have a serial number GG engine or a GH? I have seen cars that had been converted back to standard configuration.
There are reproduction parts available, although S/C intake manifolds have not been reproduced.
Also, there are other ways of determining if the car was a factory S/C. (A closely held secret.) I would have to see your car in person, however.
regards,
Mark Spandikow

More
30 Jul 2019 12:36 #37901 by Curt Schulze
Replied by Curt Schulze on topic How to tell a real from a fake supercharged 850-851?
although S/C intake manifolds have not been reproduced.
Yes they have.

The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
Be of Good Cheer
Curt

More
30 Jul 2019 13:54 #37903 by G-T
Where are those engine numbers punched?
I will post very soon pictures of the original exhaust manifold from the NON supercharged one...

More
31 Jul 2019 00:06 #37906 by ilikescars
stamped on top of engine block, next to head, Front left (driverside) corner.
Having a GH engine does not necessarily mean that it came from the factory that way, however.

Time to create page: 0.055 seconds