Skip to main content

Passionate Auburn Collectors: Authentic Auburn Sign "One-of-a-Kind"

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
28 Jan 2019 16:22 #36564 by RandyEma
To bad it is not a Factory made and sold sign. R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• KimFraser
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
28 Jan 2019 14:07 #36563 by KimFraser
I have one Auburn sign that was photographed with two different backgrounds.

Yes, I am looking for a special investor that possesses the ardent passion of collecting one-of-a-kind Auburn items (such as my Auburn sign) and everything else that pertains to the incredible Auburn automobile.

The Auburn sign is made of very thick glass, two pieces that have been hand painted painted one with the Auburn logo and one with only black around the logo and then held together with a heavy metal frame that has a covered light that turns on so that the light shines down over the glass revealing the Auburn logo. The back piece of glass was broken in half but never separated.
I acquired this Auburn sign at an antique shop that was on the MGM studio amusement park grounds in Orlando Florida back in 1993. They were selling authentic prop antiques used in films. Over 20 years later, a trusted and good friend of mine told me about the ACD Museum in Auburn Indiana and that he was a member there and was planning a trip up that way. I asked him if he would take my sign up there for the museum to examine and provide me with some history about it and possibly a value. I wrapped it quite thickly in bubble wrap and he drove it up there for the curator and their team of assistants to check it out as he provided them with my portion of the backstory. When my friend brought home my Auburn sign, he told me that the curator said that this item must have been a special order item for a dealership in Orlando, and their records of Auburn signs were made quite differently than the one I have. The museum asked if I would like to donate it to their collection and as much as I would love to do that I decided to hang onto it.

Now, I believe my Auburn sign would like to be treasured by a new beloved owner that truly appreciates the Auburn sign being the star attraction since it truly is a one-of-a-kind!

Please understand that this message is not a joke or a scam. I am completely serious.
I do not trust any shipping companies, therefore, I will not ship this sign. This means that the new owner would have to make provisions to come and pick it up from my location.

The approximate size of the sign (I will provide actual soon) is about 10" high x about 20" long x about 3.5" thick that includes the metal lamp housing on top of the sign.
I've been asked about what kind of price I am looking for and that is a mysterious thing because the ACD Museum stated that it is considered "priceless" due to the fact that it is "one-of-a-kind". And that makes this hard.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.