Skip to main content

1933 Brake Master Adapter???

• curtiss
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
23 Jan 2019 04:15 #36530 by curtiss
Replied by curtiss on topic 1933 Brake Master Adapter???
Thanks for the pictures, it gave me a good starting point.

I looked again and I found my original bolt and it was a Banjo Bolt similar to the one on the 37 Cord but I did not find my Banjo Fitting Block.

I figured out my Banjo bolt is 1/2 20 so I did some searching and I came across a Vintage Golf Cart site that seems to have what I need. At least I hope so because I just ordered $40 worth of parts :)

I am hopeful that between all of these parts I will be able to make something work. Will keep you posted.

www.vintagegolfcartparts.com/Category/cl...akes_master_cylinder

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2019 23:02 #36528 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1933 Brake Master Adapter???
Here are the pictures of my 37 Cord master cylinder fitting. Mine is very different from the one pictured but maybe it helps others.

Gary Parsons

• curtiss
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2019 20:58 #36527 by curtiss
Replied by curtiss on topic 1933 Brake Master Adapter???
Do you happen to have a picture of it?

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2019 20:51 #36526 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic 1933 Brake Master Adapter???
I believe your missing a special bolt and a brass fitting. The bolt has a hole drilled in it so fluid can travel into the brass fitting. Then it goes to the front and rear brakes.. On the 1937 cord ebay listing is the brass fitting found on my 37 cord. You may need the same piece but Auburns are not my base. Hopefully others can explain.

Gary Parsons

• rlwardne
  • Senior Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2019 19:36 - 22 Jan 2019 21:24 #36525 by rlwardne
Replied by rlwardne on topic 1933 Brake Master Adapter???

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This browser does not support PDFs. Please download the PDF to view it: Download PDF

This is what I have. cant tell you if correct. This cylinder is different than later Cords as they side exit. This is also a 12 cyl. My line seems to be 5/16 or so
Attachments:
Last edit: 22 Jan 2019 21:24 by rlwardne. Reason: add pic

• curtiss
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
22 Jan 2019 19:26 #36524 by curtiss
1933 Brake Master Adapter??? was created by curtiss
I am starting to work on installing brake lines and master on my 33 Auburn. Problem is when I look at the master it has what appears to be a 3/16 20 hole. I am used to maters with an inverted flair but this does not have that so there must be something I am missing :)

Is there an adapter or special fitting that goes on the thread side of the master cylinder?

I looked through all the parts I removed and I can not find anything, I am pretty sure I got rid of my old lines but if I had seen an adapter I am sure I would have saved it.

Attachments: