Auburn Speedster, Bohman & Schwartz?

• fast_is_fun
  • Topic Author
  • New User
  • New User
More
22 Oct 2018 13:16 #35788 by fast_is_fun
Replied by fast_is_fun on topic Auburn Speedster, Bohman & Schwartz?
Jack,

Thank you for that info, helped clarify a bunch of things.

My friend found some other photos of the car, one is when it was painted white infront of sunset tower hotel. The other is the work completed but the car painted in a dark color with an earlier California plate than the other pics, timeline from the original article I posted is definitely a bit mixed up.

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Dec 2018 12:02 #36122 by Roger Learmonth
Replied by Roger Learmonth on topic Auburn Speedster, Bohman & Schwartz?
This car is reputed to be one of the six Speedsters in England. The heart shaped radiator is gone as are the Frenched lights. The car still retains its elongated wings, hidden hinges on the doors and rear wheel covers (spats). I can post some images if required.

• Jonathan Richards
  • ACD Club Member
  • ACD Club Member
More
15 Dec 2018 00:20 #36124 by Jonathan Richards
Replied by Jonathan Richards on topic Auburn Speedster, Bohman & Schwartz?
Dear Mr. Learmounth, How nice to hear from a UK member of the ACD Club. I would certainly enjoy seeing photo images of this much modified Auburn speedster if you would be so kind as to post them on this Forum thread. The Membership Directory indicates you own a 1935 Model 851 Speedster. Favor us with an image of that machine if you will. Merry Christmas from America, Jonathan B. (Jack) Richards II #1080 at Chesterfield, Missouori, USA.

More
15 Dec 2018 10:41 #36128 by Roger Learmonth
Jonathan, Thank you for your response. In 2001 when I was first looking for a Speedster, after three trips to the US, I came across the so called B&S car in Manchester, England. I really loved it and in the end the owner and I were just $7000 apart. I wished I'd stumped up the difference but I didn't. The car was in poor order at the time and there was water in the oil or the other way around, but I would have loved to have owned it, still would. Since then the owner has kept the car and has undertaken an extensive refurbishment, it is now in excellent condition. I'll look out my pictures and post them. Happy festive season to everyone from merry England.
By the by, I do own the Philippines car - 32910E. now in pretty good order.

More
15 Dec 2018 11:03 - 15 Dec 2018 11:05 #36129 by Roger Learmonth
The images of the car in black and red are as today. The red car is as I first saw her in 2001. At the time she was sporting Woodlites which are now gone but the car still retains Woodltie sides (UK cars). I am in contact with the owner who says he has the full documented history but he is a very private person and may be reluctant to share. Images of my car can be found at www.rogerlearmonth.com
Last edit: 15 Dec 2018 11:05 by Roger Learmonth. Reason: Addition

More
15 Dec 2018 14:22 #36130 by Roger Learmonth
I have been in touch with Lawrence Cookson who owns the Hutton B&S car. He has sent me lots of later pictures but not so different from the ones I have already posted. He is keen to join the forum and he has a lot of the car's history. Do welcome him when he comes aboard.

Time to create page: 0.797 seconds