Skip to main content

1931 Auburn 898A vintage rally preparation

• Ivor
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 May 2018 01:04 #34647 by Ivor
Not sure how this became a new post, my session timed out and I thought I had lost my message but then when I selected new topic I was able to retrieve it and hit submit it but it ended up here, not sure how or why.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ivor
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
16 May 2018 00:56 #34646 by Ivor
To me the symptoms indicate the carburetor fuel bowel is getting fuel but not enough to supply demand . In an earlier post you commented the car pulled well through all gears and later drove well for 15 miles and accelerated up to 59 mph on the GPS. You then mentioned you thought it was running a bit rich so you fitted a new 6 volt fuel pump, fuel lines, pressure regulator and pressure gauge. It looks like the problem started after this work. I suggest the fuel pump flow at the carburettor connection be re checked. Also some carburetors have a fine filter screen in the fitting that screws into the carburetor. As a final check you could drop the bowel off the carburetor and turn the fuel pump on to determine adequate flow. If the flow is low at the carburetor inlet it may be due to a blocked filter in the fuel pump as some of the modern electronic pumps have a very fine sintered bronze filter. Good Luck and hope you make the rally.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.