Skip to main content

8-105 Cylinder Bore Size and Ring Supplier

More
13 Dec 2017 20:05 #33862 by Ivor
Going by information in the Bert Templeton listing, the 1933 8-105 is engine prefix GC and the standard bore is 3 inch and stroke same as all other G prefix engines at 4 3/4 inches. Standard oversize are are normally +.020" , +.030", +.040". EGGE supply rings for Auburn but these may not fit the original pistons. Finding rings is not usually a problem once you determine the size required it just takes a bit of supplier searching, the local engine overhaul machine shop will often do this for you. Looking at your photo's a light hone would be recommended before fitting new rings to the bore. The scuffing on the piston will need to be cleaned up with fine wet and dry and accurately measured at right angles to the gudgeon pin about 1/2" from bottom of skirt to determine if it hasn't collapsed and increased piston to bore clearance. Measure the bore and check taper if present you might be better off with a re-bore and new pistons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• curtiss
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Forum User
  • Registered
More
13 Dec 2017 14:47 #33861 by curtiss
I have what I believe is a 8-105 and I am planning to re-ring it. I want to run a dial bore indicator on the holes so I can get the correct rings. I have looked in all of my manuals but I can not find the Cylinder Bore Size spec.

Does anyone have the spec for a standard and over sized bore?

Also who would be a good supplier of new rings?

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.