Skip to main content

Auburn 8-88 1926-27 location of vehicle identification number

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
21 Jun 2017 03:30 #33189 by RandyEma
If you would post a picture of the engine I can tell you where to look for the numbers. R

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• mihe
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
20 Jun 2017 19:45 #33184 by mihe
Hi, i have looked for the plate now. There is one plate that says something about patents. It does not say auburn on It. The size of the plate is roughly 3x7cm. It lookes like a bigger plate roughly 5x10cm(~2x4in) nearby has been removed.
-i will look for engine number next time. -does anybody know, is there supposed to be a unique engine number on the casting ?
Best regards/mihe

• mihe
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 Jun 2017 20:59 #33157 by mihe
Ok, thank you. Yes the rear part of the body has Been replaced. I will check that position next time i go to the car.. - so there is no number on the frame? (I fear that such plate may have been removed and lost över the years.)
/mihe

• RandyEma
  • Duesenberg Historian
  • Registered
More
15 Jun 2017 20:45 #33156 by RandyEma
Hello. The back section of the body on that car is home made . It may have been a roadster or a Touring when it was new. If you look inside the car on the wooden firewall there was originally a serial plate if you find that let me know the numbers. R

• mihe
  • Topic Author
  • Registered
More
15 Jun 2017 19:48 #33155 by mihe
Hi, The information that I have is that this is an 1926 or 1927 8-88 Auburn Roadster. Does this car have a VIN stamped to the frame? Where should I search?
Thank you, Best regards,
/mihe
Attachments: