Skip to main content

1932 8-100A engine paint

• Auburn/Cord Parts
  • ACD Club Life Member
  • Registered
More
28 Sep 2004 21:29 #2292 by Auburn/Cord Parts
Replied by Auburn/Cord Parts on topic Engine Paint
The L-29 correct engine color is a yellow green shade and the head used studs and chrome acorn nuts with flat washers. These were also used on the 1928-30 Auburn Big 8. The Auburn Big 8 came in tan or the more common dark olive green. The fasteners are noted in the parts books. These Auburn Big 8 and L-29 engines are very dressy and looked nice. The Auburn small 8 used the O.D. color and cap screws for the head.

Stan

Auburn/Cord Parts, Inc. P.O. Box 547 1400 N. "A" St. Wellington, KS 67152 (620) 326-7751 This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Dube
  • Registered
More
25 Sep 2004 23:33 #2278 by Mike Dube
Replied by Mike Dube on topic 1932 8-100A engine paint
Ken,

I used graded bolts and ground off the grade markings. Do I understand that you do not have the old ones? If you don't have anything to start with, I can send you one, as the minimum I had to buy was not quite enough for 2 sets!

I'll confirm what Pete said on the engine color. I bought the paint from Stan also. Its pretty close to the same shade Packard used for my money.

Mike
8-100A

More
25 Sep 2004 01:10 #2273 by pwright
Replied by pwright on topic 1932 8-100A engine paint
The engine paint on the Auburn is very olive green. Stan Gilliland at Auburn/Cord parts in Wellington, KS has the correct paint. The head should be held with head bolts painted engine color, not studs and nuts.

• K Clark
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
25 Sep 2004 00:05 #2271 by K Clark
1932 8-100A engine paint was created by K Clark
I was cleaning up some of the parts to my engine and found that the engine color is very different from that of My L-29. It was very Olive green. I know it is probably like anything,there are a dozen different shades of paint for them. What does the majority do? This engine has bee apart for a very long time ( 30 years ) and I did not find either in the boxes of parts I recieved with the car.
Also have a big question as to head bolts or studs? and nuts, regular or acorn? chrome or painted?
Thanks for any information.
Ken Clark