Skip to main content

Installing Spark Plug Wire Ends

• 1748 S
  • Platinum Member
  • Registered
More
28 Sep 2016 22:16 #31777 by 1748 S
Replied by 1748 S on topic Re: Installing Spark Plug Wire Ends
Having done plenty of spark plug wire installs on many different engines I feel you do strip the plug end. Then bend that over the insulation so it can come in contact with the plug end fitting. I can't know by looking at this bulk wire what type it is but. Even if it was a carbon filled wire conductor compared to a copper or steel wire conductor it still would be cut back insulation and bend over the inner wire conductor. As a disclaimer please do not do this before others that have actually used Stan's plug wires. Hopefully you have a spool of wire and need to "cut to length" individual plug wires. Again, Not sure what you hve from Stan. I also wonder why instructions did not come with this kit? Stan ahs normally sent along parts details when I have purchased from him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• curtiss
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Registered
More
28 Sep 2016 21:02 #31776 by curtiss
Installing Spark Plug Wire Ends was created by curtiss
I ordered some plug wire parts from Stan but I have never dealt with wire ends like this. The gold end seems straight forward, it has a little point in the center, just slide the wire on and clamp the sides over.

The silver end (plug side) is where I have questions.

- Do I strip the outer jacket back form the center wire and bend it over so it is between the metal clip and the wire?

- Is there a special crimping tool or do I just bend the tabs over the best I can with pliers?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.